Is anyone afraid this game might get shutdown soon?

Discussion in 'Infinite Crisis' started by thepieeatingjay, Nov 5, 2014.

1. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this fact. But Warner Bros. has announced that they will be having various layoffs within their company from now to the early part of 2015. Among the layoffs, Turbine is already being hit. Turbine is the division of Warner Bros. that made this game.

When things like this happen in the MMO world, most of the time the end of content and/or server shutdown follows. It doesn't happen all the time of course, but I won't lie and say I'm not concerned.

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

It's inevitable with every MMO. The plug is going to be pulled off this game sooner rather than later. It's sad to see it go, but it's going to happen in near future.

3. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Do you have any proof that it's getting pulled in the NEAR future? Of course, we know it will get put offline at some point. That will be the fate of anything that relies on a server, which means almost every online MMO out there. But there are games that were allowed to exist despite layoffs.

4. greensat

greensat Active Member

I'm not afraid that this game will get shut down. In my opinion, if it is really that bad, no one would really play it, maybe its an undiscovered gem, but it depends on luck and advertising. If it's going to go down, there's nothing we can do without funding it.

5. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I see a lot of comments without any evidence to back up the statements. Infinite Crisis continues to get new heroes, so the game isn't dead yet.

6. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Even games on the verge of death have gotten new content just before the end. So saying the game still gets new heroes isn't enough to say the game is going to survive.

7. bavinnie

bavinnie Active Member

To be fair, this game has been more or less fighting for it's life in an ocean of other, better funded MOBA's like League of Legends, Heroes of Storm, Smite and so on it was definitely a pretty cool game, and I've always been a fan of the DC universe so it was fun checking out, but they would honestly be better off just cutting their losses at this point

8. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I am worried that Infinite Crisis may get shut down in the next year or two. With the layoffs happening at Turbine and the relatively low population this game has, I'm concerned they'll shut this game down due to lack of profits. After all, this game isn't really threading new grounds, other than being a MOBA with DC universe characters.

9. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I think there are always possibilities of it shutting down, but hey, it's okay because it's not the end of the world. You move on to another. This is life.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, it seems like your prediction was right. The game is going to be shutting down soon, and I think it was inevitable. It didn't get the publicy that it needed.

11. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler Well-Known Member
    Regular

I see.

12. mynameisshieldler

Regular

Great!

13. mynameisshieldler

Regular

True.