Introducing it to a friend

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by SwordHungry, Jul 28, 2013.

1. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

Has anyone introduced WOW to another friend before. I've got a friend who plays it but when I try to get other people to come play the game, they usually can't be bothered and don't think much of the game. From my experience, a lot of the people that say they don't actually like the game before the play it actually end up really enjoying it when they do play it.

2. ClaudeCruz

ClaudeCruz Member

I've had the same kind of experience with the game. People don't usually understand how fun it is until they actually sit down and play it. Same thing with games like Skyrim and the like. Just tell them to play it for a bit. Start them a new character and let them play for a day or so, see what they think afterwards.

3. mrmambo

mrmambo Member

I got my brother hooked on to this game :D

4. Luke

Luke Member

I got some friends hooked with it and others that really don't like it :p

5. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

I think it takes time sometimes to get into an RPG game like WOW. Especially if the genre is new to them and they've just came from games lie Battlefield/COD. Most hate it at first, then after a while they start liking it.

6. Nickey22

Nickey22 Active Member

I have introduced many friends to the game, thing is my friends are the frat boy types who want to play Call of Duty all the time and never focus on a game like WoW. I have some friends who got into it after I suggested they check it out, but they never stay into it for long periods of time.

And a lot of my friends don't seem to have time to play a game like WoW. It's easier to focus on an easy game like Call of Duty than a powerhouse game like WoW.

7. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

Most typical Call of Duty gamers tend to hate WOW and most other MMORPG's, and don't have any time for it. I think COD players often play COD more than people play WOW actually, so I guess you could say COD's the more time consuming game.

8. Cutler4Life

Cutler4Life Active Member

I haven't played with any IRL friends yet. I think I keep this side of my life pretty private. chances are, some of my friends are the same way! I do play xbox games with friends though, its a completely different thing

9. elfmexu

elfmexu New Member

Why don't you show them a specific part of the game that you think will tease their likes.

Like a work resume. make it fast and brief.
    i hooked a friend by showing him a match of warsong gulch.
    another friend was hooked when he saw a 40 man raid killing ragnaros (i used to play in a cybercafe)
    and i myself got hooked seeing a friend fly in a gryphon from duskwood to stormwind and land and seeing all the players there....
    whatever you do don't show them grinding or farming.. haha

best of lucks.

10. Green

Green Member

My friend introduced it to me which is pretty good i played it for a long time even after he quit but then quit myself its worth playing and showing to friends but it does get boring after a while.

11. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never told my friends about the game, but my friends tried to get me to play it many of times I have tried and I just cant get into the game it seems boring and the graphics seem outdated last time I played it.

12. dan213

dan213 Member

Actually, my fiancee plays because of me and so does her father. I was on the game all the time that she saw it and got interested in it so wanted to play. Later, her dad decided to play and all three of us now play together.

Yes, girls do play WoW! :p

13. Grimm

Grimm Member

I was actually introduced to WOW by a few of my friends. I try to get others to play it as well, but some of them can't be bothered to even check it out. I guess it's one of those games that takes time and true skill, so some of my friends are weak and can't handle it. haha! just playing.

14. Kevin Valerio

Kevin Valerio Active Member

I've found that the best way to get people into the game is to tell them "It gets better." Many people are turned off by the repetitive grinding and magical wolves that don't drop meat, but the few that have stuck it out till the later levels have loved it. Remember that if they think the beginning of the game is the best part, chances are, they will quit.

15. TehMannie

TehMannie Active Member

It usually doesn't take someone long to realize if the game is something they are going to want to spend time on. Just get them the trial version and explain to them how the game works, let them play it and talk with them about it. If they have even a slight interest then show them your characters and how cool it can be once you invest some time into it :D

Personally I was able to convince my girlfriend to give it a try and now she plays it more than I do. Before this she had never really even played games.

16. Andrew Busby

Andrew Busby Member

This was exactly my experience when I was introduced to WoW, I turned my nose up at it - why on earth would you pay every month to play a game that you bought. Then I happened to try a friends account for a few hours and instantly had to get it. The bug bit me, that was nearly ten years ago.

17. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

I was introduced to the fascinating world of Warcraft by a close friend and after a short period I becomed a fan. I also introduced the game to a couple of friends that still play on our server, and they all like it, maybe the best thing in WOW is the felling of comradeship where you form a trustworthy relation with your mates.
    [​IMG]

18. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Well, I can't say I've had this problem yet. I tried to get a few friends into it, only to find out that they already played WoW. I was surprised, since they never talk about playing it.

19. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't try to get friends to play WoW. If they want to play, then they can play. If not, I'm not going to try to drag them into it.

20. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

My ex was the one who introduced me to the game and I in turn introduced it to a few friends of mine. We've played together in the past a bit before we kind of went our separate ways in game. I was more interested in hardcore raiding and my friends were more interested in casual game play. We still leveled together or did dungeon runs. However I'm not one to push people into doing things outright. I generally get other people interested by talking about the game. If they decide to play then that's awesome, I let them know that I'm available to help if they want it.