Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Yard' started by Unknown, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

Those are two interesting picks for professions, whats your reason behind your choices?

2. Deezy

Deezy Best in the World

Well the Guardian is simple it's a profession I've played a lot in MMOs and would feel quite at home with (Paladin in FFXI/WoW & Warrior Priest in WAR).

The mesmer on the other hand, I'll admit caught me off guard. I wasn't really expecting to be interested in the mesmer, but the fact they can dual wield swords / use greatsword / offhand a pistol + their focus on phantasms + clones rather than debuff heavy tempt me to try it out and stick with it. It's something new & original.

3. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

Mesmer does look fun, and really different. If you want to try something new i'd tell anyone to try out the Mesmer especially if your burnt out.

4. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Welcome to the board :) When you say the biggest draw to you is role playing - that's role playing with other players right? FF11 has A LOT of that.

Welcome to you as well :) - Guardian gets heavy armor.. something to think about :p

5. chuckledarkly

chuckledarkly Member

People have told me that if you want to be a game designer you shouldn't be a gamer. To this I say ha! and again HA! I'm chuckledarkly and I've been playing games since before I can remember. The game I've probably played the most all hours combined is WoW but wouldn't go back to it now if they paid me. As you might have guessed from my opening I'm a game artist myself fresh from collage. I love to social game and am up for anything as long as they are people I can chat and joke with along the way. My 2 favorite classes from WoW were warlock and holy priest and plan on making a necromancer first and then a engineer. I hope to see you all in game and can't wait for my reordered copy of gw2 to appear on my door step one of these days.

6. Unknown

Welcome chuckledarkly! We're happy to have you and I hope to see you all in game too. :)

7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Hello to all the new members!! Welcome you guys.

8. Fay

Fay Member

Hey :) My name is Fay and been playing games for a long long time and I run a guild called Destiny's Edge. I'm originally from the Netherlands but now live in the UK.
    I am so excited about Guild Wars 2 that I practically can't sleep :p Seeing videos about the game makes me nearly explode from the need to play the game! I hope to see you all on there :)

9. Silas

Silas Well-Known Member

Welcome Fay ! I see you're from the Netherlands :) that makes two of us. Anyway have fun and enjoy your stay on this forum.

10. Aaricia

Aaricia Imaginary Friend

Introducing Rici

My name is Aaricia, though others call me "Rici" or "Ricia" for short (and mostly because they don't know what to do with those double a's at the start). I'm from the east side of the United States, I'm 24, and finally pursuing a degree in Radiology and Ultrasound technology with dreams of someday volunteering my services overseas for those less fortunate. Don't let the sweet dream and caring nature fool you though---my online personality is fairly inappropriate and a tad bit trollish. :eek:

I was introduced to the MMO world via a friend of my cousin. He bought me Guild Wars Prophecies saying that he would invite me to his guild and help me out. I knew his true intentions (mostly because my cousin spilled the beans). He wanted to spend time with me and he used my love of video games to try to woo me. It ultimately failed as I fell in love with Guild Wars and not him. Tragic for him, splendid for me! My first character was a female Elementalist, but after seeing the way her ta-tas shook during her dance...I deleted her. I then rolled Necromancer and love love loved it. From the dance to the raising of the dead, I dominated. Then later Nightfall came out and I ditched my minion master for a scythe swinging bombshell with a disco ball. Yessssss.

Nowadays, I run a Guild Wars 2 guild called "Deadly Betties". I spend most of my free time chatting with our members on our VoIP, flooding the forums, and advertising our guild (guess what I'm going to be doing here). I'm eager to play Guild Wars 2 and experience Tyria as it was intended...with jumping. *bounce bounce bounce*

;)

11. Unknown

Your crazy.

12. MaxVega

MaxVega Member

Hi everyone :)

My name is Cory (Will be either Deriphis or Akkirus in game) and I'm 25 years and live in Las Vegas, NV. My first MMO was the original Everquest. I started just before Scars of Velious came out. I loved that game so much that I played it for several years until the expansion Legacy of Ykesha came out. I was a Dark Elf Necromancer and that class set the stage for my favorite style of game play.

After Everquest I moved to World of Warcraft. I remember that before beta events started, if you ordered WoW you got access to the Guild Wars beta. I was very excited and had fun with Guild Wars but got wrapped up in WoW as an Undead Warlock. I played that character from beta until I got 85 in Cataclysm and got bored.

Since then I have tried many MMOs including EQ2, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Endless Ages, LOTRO, DDO, Aion, Rift and SWTOR. Currently I'm just playing LoL awaiting my chance to try Guild Wars 2. I truly believe this game will keep my attention for a very long time.

I do not have a guild set up at the moment and I don't know that my brothers and I will set one up in this game. I think we may join one. It's nice meeting all of you and I look forward to getting to know you.

13. Unknown

Wow I don't even remember that. ( the Guild Wars if you ordered WoW) first time I heard of that actually. Oh and of-course welcome!! :)

14. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

Welcome errrrbody :D

15. MaxVega

MaxVega Member

I believe those were the terms, it was quite a while ago lol so I'm a bit rusty on my memory. I do distinctly remember playing in a beta event with my pre-game WoW guild while we were waiting for WoW to come out. The end of the event was an instance with an ice bone dragon of some sorts as the last boss.

16. Rikkimarro

Rikkimarro Member

Ello Peoples! Rikki here.

Ive been a gamer for a very long time at 18 years old i think ive spent 13 of it in a different world haha. I dont really have much to sa ive played every F2P game under the sun. Every Korean WoW clone. Spent 3 years in perfect world. Now ive been playing league of legends to hold me off till guildwars2.
    I plan to have a great time in GW2 and plan to just dominate in the PvP world with my great friends the Phoenix guard. Ya thats pretty much it lol

17. MaxVega

MaxVega Member

Tenchu!!!!!

18. Gutrippa

Gutrippa New Member

Hollas!

In Tyria, I be Gutrippa... in the 'real world' They call me Bruce :D

Was a desktop commando for many years ever since I found 'Wasteland.' Then in about 2001 a bud introduced me to Asheron's Call. We'd been avid AD&Ders prior to that so it were easy to get me hooked on ACDM. From there though I jumped to EQ2 in 2004, then GW1 for a yearish, then back to EQ2 (a 7yr addiction that will end with GW2 launch).

I've also beta'd & played a dozen other MMO's during that time but none really grabbed hold of me for very long. Looking forward to Tyria's adventures for many years to come... 'There will be blood!"(tm)

Dang proud/happy ta be here's!

1 person likes this.
  19. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Sounds great Gut, ad&d fan myself :)

20. Flurblewe

Flurblewe Arcadia Guild CoFounder

Introducing myself

Hey Guys!

My name is Nick and I am a student from the UK. I have played a few MMO's before but mainly the original Guild Wars and World of Warcraft. My friend and I are really exited about Guild Wars 2 and have decided to start a new guild so that should be awesome! PC Gaming is a hobby for me and I do it alongside a lot of sport and work :( Pleased to meet you all!

Nick