I'm looking for a new game to play

Discussion in 'Defiance' started by mett1982, Feb 4, 2016.

1. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member
    Regular

I'm looking for a new game to play and I was wondering if Defiance is any good? I have read critic reviews but I always like to hear from people that actually play the game.

2. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm the same way. I'd much rather hear about personal experiences. Who knows what kind of rewards reviewers get or if they even play long enough to get a real feel for a game.

Is this game based off the show (or the other way around, I guess)? After watching the show, I think the game would be fun. I've been tempted to try it, since I too am looking for a new video game.

3. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I will definitely watch this thread since I'm also on the look out for a new game to play. I think I got tired playing League and the community is full of s**t. I wanted to go back playing MMORPGs but I haven't really seen one that would get me hooked for a long time.

thisnthat likes this.
  4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

From experience (because I've been playing it for a few months), Defiance is a great game and needs to be played.

Maybe the game doesn't have the media appeal that other more famous games have (which attracts the attention of more players, obviously), but I repeat that Defiance is a great game.

Give it a try if you are really looking for a new game to play. You'll like it! ;)

5. thisnthat

Regular

What do you like about it? What makes it so much fun? Can you give us some details, please?

I wonder if you have friends that play as well. That always makes a game better for me. I guess I just need to start a new game and start making some friends again. I don't like having to start all over and play on my own.

Shine_Spirit likes this.
  6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like it mainly because most of my friends also like to play, so... The fun is guaranteed! :p In addition, the game graphics are great (pretty exciting) and the story + characters are very interesting.

You should give it a try and play Defiance too.

7. thisnthat

Regular

I think it would be exciting. The story and the characters in the show Defiance were. I may even watch it again. That will probably make me want to check out the game even more. :)

I think it's always best when you know other people who play. Starting all over without having friends already in Defiance, puts me off a little (same with any game). I guess I'll have to get over that, but playing alone when getting started just gets old. That's probably why I stayed with WoW as long as I did even after I didn't like it as much any more, because I still knew people there. I guess I'll just have to buck up.

Thanks.