I have played DOTA 2 and League, but not Smite. Is it any good?

Discussion in 'SMITE' started by OursIsTheFury, May 1, 2016.

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

What can you tell me about the game, if you are explaining it to a complete outsider? Is it any good? Would you recommend it to a fellow gamer?

2. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it's more similar to LoL than to DotA. It's quite cool especially if you're a fan of Greek Gods and mythology.

3. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say if you're a fan of games such as Dragon Nest, Vindictus, or any sort of slash-and-hack you will find this to be your MOBA of choice, Smite is the closest you will get to it (besides Paragon which isn't out yet). The game has changed a lot over it's lifespan and had great improvements to the UI and it's definitely welcoming to new players compared to other communities.

4. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you want to take a break from traditional MOBA games like LoL or Dota, then Smite is definitely for you. It is fun, over the top action, and a really cool selection of characters. Give it a shot.

5. me mow

me mow Member
    Regular

How long do Smite games typically last? Is the community nice? I've had this same question about Smite for a while, but none of my friends play it.

6. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

Smite is most similar to League, with a different perspective. If you've played League, a lot of the same stuff will carry over, that's not to say there isn't there differences, because there is.

I would say they take around 25 minutes on average? Give or take depending on a lot of factors, really. Stomps on either side can end in 10 minutes, while games can be drawn out every so often. That said, I think the community is a bit friendlier than your average MOBA, but there's still the occasional jerk.

7. me mow

me mow Member
    Regular

See on league you have to wait till the 20 minute mark just to be able to surrender so 99% of the time the games end up being sooooooo long. I had gotten into MOBAs because I liked the quickness of the games and how I didn't really have to invest too much time in them as I would have to with MMO's.

Maybe I'll give Smite a try I do like the whole mythology-ness of it.

8. Seopril

Seopril Member
    Regular

Smite is kinda similar to League, less similar to Dota 2. The games are really quick compared to League though. They tend to be about 25-30 minutes with one sided games ending before the 20 minute mark. If you like faster paced games or find League too slow, then I would recommend trying Smite.

9. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd say it's pretty good. If you like games like Dota and LoL, then Smite is very likely going to be something you will enjoy.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Smite it's really fun. Coming from a LoL player, it took me a while to get adjusted to the camera angles but after that I started to really enjoy the game. You're probably going to like it.

11. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Member

I haven't tried Smite yet either but I think i'll give it a go, it looks fun and I'm ready to try something new.

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a nice change of perspective from all the more common MOBAs. It has some similarities so it's not difficult to get into if you're already familiar with other ones. I'd recommend giving it a try because it is a fun break from routine.

13. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have only played Smite once, and I don't know much about it. For the first time I played it, I found the game very interesting, especially because of the characters in it. I intend to allocate more hours to play the game so that I give more evidenced and first hand feedback here.

14. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Quicker games and different angles does take some getting used to, but I like the differences. Similar but a little different is more appealing to me than just similar.

15. serbog

serbog Active Member
    Regular

It's not really hard to grasp to the concept of the game after playing a few games, if you are an experienced MOBA player. I'm playing League for some time now and switching to Smite wasn't hard at all. After a few matches, I could easily stomp the players (maybe they were just new at MOBA), but it might be a little bit tricky with the third person view.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am impressed you were able to quickly stomp the others @serbog and things do not usually go as smoothly as that. The more you play though the transitions are more seamless.

17. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you played league of legend then I am sure you are aware of the DOTA. The game experience remains the same though. Some are worth playing and sometimes it does get repetitive. So that's what I have found out.

18. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well there isn't much of a difference between them but you should give it atry.

19. Albert Bryant

Albert Bryant Well-Known Member
    Regular

Smite?
    Which game is this? Haven't heard off it!

: smite