Quantcast

"I am sworn to carry your burdens.."

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by Oblivious, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member Regular

How many of you had Lydia as a follower?
    Hmm come to think of it, the better question would be how many of you did NOT have Lydia as a follower? Who did you choose instead? Why?
    Has anyone gone solo through the whole game?

Also, did you accidentally kill her ever? Did you use the console to resurrect her?

2. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I don't tend to run around with a follower. I get a bit to enthusiastic and end up killing them if I bring them along. So, unless I find one that cannot be killed I'm just going to keep going solo except for with quests that require I do them with other people.

3. tubestud

tubestud Well-Known Member Regular

I soloed it. Well, kind of. I went on the Conjuration route and had Atronarchs following me around depending on what I was fighting at the moment. Also I had that dog. He was cool, I liked him.

4. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I mostly soloed my game since I have a bad habit of doing a zerg rush towards bandits while brandishing my sword and engulfing myself in flames to murder everything in my path. Having a travel buddy would just ruin it all.

5. rzbh

rzbh Active Member

When I play Warrior, I tend to cause friendly fire. Somehow. So I generally avoid companion, unless my companion is Serana and my horse - they are kinda necessary, see.

When I play sniper thief... well, you don't want to have a lot of people. Make yourself more noticeable.

I do like Linda enough sometime I bring her out and whack couple bandits just for fun.

6. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I had Lydia as my follower for about 30 hours on my first playthrough. Afterwards, I played through the Dawnguard DLC and from that point on I chose Serana for her invincibility and badass spells, but especially for her good looks.

I do have a few nice memories with Lydia from my first playthrough. I remember getting absolutely wrecked by some spiders in some dungeon when I was a low level. I just left the room, closed the door, and let Lydia in the room. There were pain/battle screams for a solid minute, and then silence. At first, I thought Lydia was dead, so I replentished my health and got ready for the worst. As soon as I opened the door, however, I was greeted by Lydia, surrounded by spider carcasses.

Lydia is a tough woman.

7. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Wow, Lydia totally annoyed me and I never really completed the game with her. I used a custom, modded companion instead, who actually had a really nice personal story and side-quests. I think I dumped Lydia in that house you get in Whiterun. :D

8. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I have used Lydia for some of the missions in the game and has proven to be loyal and uses all the power she has and good at taking out the foes who attack us and a good follower and has a nice personality as well in the game. I reckon that Serena can be a tough person and also has good skills and powers, as she is a vampire and one with a bad background which caused this to happen. I think that Serena is more better and would be good to date her as she can be suitable to some races and looks seductive as well and good with the weapons as well.

9. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I don't want someone to follow me so I played it by myself. When I first played with her, I accidentally killed her and after that I load my game and I went to an adventure without her.

flynnericme likes this.
  10. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

I don't think I've ever used Lydia as a follower. Actually the only follower I have used is Serana for the expansion quests, as she is important to the story. Otherwise, I prefer to fight and explore alone.

11. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

I had lydia for a follower for a good while, she was pretty good and made the game easier before I decided to get a new one. It was one of the wives I married in the game.