How's Tracer, the hero from Overwatch?

Discussion in 'Heroes of the Storm' started by Ishmael, May 10, 2016.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was wondering this because I'll probably buy the Origins Edition of Overwatch so with that I'm also getting Tracer for HOTS for free.

Is she any good in the game? Is she as fun as the Overwatch version? :p

2. ADE001

ADE001 Member
    Regular

She is way too strong currently, not just because of sheer numbers but also because of the design. She has very low HP but has a skill that teleports her back 2 or 3 seconds. On top of that she has 3 charges of blink. This basically makes her impossible to chase. She is also the only ranged hero in the game that can auto attack while moving, compared with the earlier mentioned blink and teleport there's no running from Tracer. And when she gets focused, she teleports or blinks out. She is also the only hero who starts with an ultimate ability. It has to charge up, but it is available from level 1.

To sum it up, yes she is good. Too good if you ask me. I didn't play Overwatch that much so I can't really compare her but she sure is fun to play in HoTS.

3. Sworden

Sworden Well-Known Member
    Regular

Her mobility is through the charts and shes banned a ton in ranked matches. She did get nerfed recently, and I feel that if you have any hard CC, like uther, you can burst her down fast enough so that she doesn't get the chance to use any abilities.

I feel that they were pretty loyal to her design in Overwatch, and its pretty cool seeing a character from the 4th Blizzard universe.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Now with the nerf it's ok, she is still obviously the most mobile hero in the game but with the lower hp and lower damage it's bearable. You still won't kill her without stuns or something similar but with those it's not too hard.

I haven't been able to play with her yet but she seems interesting enough. Especially her ability to chase down other heroes with blink and then just return back to safety with recall.

5. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think others have already pointed out just how Tracer is doing in HotS. For me, she is way too easy to play. She is supposed to be a range hero but she doesn't have stutter walking or stepping. I think that's what makes her so dangerous. She can deal a hundred percent damage all the time... Even players who cannot target opponents easily are sure to deal some damage to them.

The best way to balance her out is to lessen her damage. So let's say she is far away from the enemy, her damage shouldn't be as strong as when she's close to the enemy. The only way for her to deal damage would have to be getting super close to her enemies, this way, she might get some damage to herself as well.

6. Sworden

Sworden Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just played against her a couple times yesterday, and I really don't feel that shes too strong. Yeah she can get annoying with jumping back and away so much, but if you keep track of where she used to be, you can easily predict where shes going to teleport to.

She's also seriously, seriously squishy, and she doesn't have the heal that Raynor does, so it's hard for her to duel people.

She does have the potential to kite well though, so if you don't have a gap closer, you need to be careful.