How to get the best ending

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by N3xus, May 16, 2013.

1. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

Lol

2. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

got the bad ending first time round on normal, now I'm on Ranger Hardocre for my second run and going for the good ending. my third run will be what a call 'walk in the park' run, on easy, so I can explore everywhere to my heart content without worrying about ammo, or anything else for that matter, and killing all and sundry. :smokin:

3. Mateo182

Mateo182 New Member

I can tell there are about 6 major things you have to do to get the good ending:

-Listen all conversations
    -Exploring
    -Save Pavel's from that spider thingie
    -Help the kids and woman from the bandits
    -Spare Letsnkitsky (not sure if name is well written)
    -Spare Pavel
    -Save the Bear from the Watchmen

I got the bad ending without saving the Bear, I reloaded and saved it and I got the good ending ;). You can tell if it is good or bad because the "Little One" will say something like "What if everyone loses?" and depending in the end the phrase "I will bring help" for the good one and "I will leave with my people" for the bad one.... Cheers

4. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think listening to ALL the conversations and exploring helps get the good ending.Save the bear from the watchmen,spare Pavel and Lesnitsky and help the kids and the woman might be a part of the ...erhm,good ending way :D Also if you sneak through the part where Pavel is about to hang :D theer is a guy in the big cold room asking you to spare him-the same guy that was forced to say his mother is a whore. You'll get a moral point if you spare him (or if you do not).
    Listening to conversations helps you understand of how thing inside the metro are,but i don't they are the way to get the good ending.

P.S. About Lesnitsky...You don't have to take off your mask right away. You can wait untill he reaches five and then take it off. He'll tell you a thing or two about himself.

#44 Keegan83, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  5. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

Why are we even discussing what to do and what not to do when there is a friggin guide telling EXACTLY what gives positive and negative karma...

http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Moral_Points

and Keegan... alot of conversations DOES give you karma points.

6. Keegan83

Regular

No s*it,Sherlock.... I know alot of conversations give you karma points,but these do not determine wether you should get the good or the bad ending.

7. didymos

didymos Well-Known Member

And what do they determine, if not the ending?

8. Keegan83

Regular

I'm guessing key points through the game determine which ending you should get,just like in the first game. I've beaten the game without listening to a single conversation and still got the good ending.

9. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

Well your previous post just made it sound like you thought it didn't mean anything.. which it obviosuly does... that said you dont NEED to listen to the conversations if you get enough poitns by doing other things. God I hate forums.. XD

10. didymos

Who said anything about conversations? We were talking about moral points. Also, you probably got a number from conversations without realizing it. Often, you just have to be in the general vicinity. The conversation might be barely audible, but you can still get a point for it. And what do you mean about "just like in the first game"? You either gather enough moral points so that you're allowed to choose the ending, or you don't and you get the bad ending. There are no "key points" in 2033.

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

How are you so certain there are no key points?
    If he did actually not receive any moral points from the conversations, (Which means he has missed out on a lot of moral points throughout the game) and yet got the good ending, it's highly likely that there's some key points. I mean, why shouldn't there be? Why should saving Pavel's life give you just as much moral as listening to some random conversation?

12. didymos

Notice I was talking about 2033 when I said that. In any case, he seems to be saying "only these things [key points] matter, moral points don't". That's different from what you're saying, which is that certain actions are worth more points than others.

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Then apparently one of us misunderstood what he meant. If your interpretation is correct, then I highly agree that Keegan is absolutely wrong.

14. Keegan83

Regular

I said you don't need to listen to ALL of the conversations.

Oh,man! We are talking about conversations that give you moral points,right? Not just random conversations? And,no! Most of the times you actually have to listen to the entire conversation to get a moral point. Try getting a moral point for not listening the entire conversation between the bandits about Metro 2. Even if you're "in the vicinity" the conversation won't start until you're pretty damn close to actually hear it!

There are key points in both 2033 and LL. But since you really want to prove me wrong go back and play 2033.Don't take Hunter's postcard, shoot atleast once on the "Ghosts" level,take the cartridges from Sasha's mother,do not broadcast the emergency recording in "Outpost",run from the Dark ones when there are visions,skip Khan's speech in "Church". Then you can tell me which ending you get.

Conversations that give you moral point definately can and may influence the ending you'll get;i never said that they are not important.

#54 Keegan83, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
  15. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

This forum need some tacos.

[​IMG]

#55 brynje, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  16. Skaara Dreadlocks

Dude, I'm sitting at school and haven't had breakfast and don't have lunch with me! D:

17. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

Eat some Lutefisk or something ;D ewww

18. Strider

Strider Well-Known Member

Choose paragon only lines, and get all the military strength, and all DLC, and... whoops.. Wrong game.
    How? Well... just be the good guy and listen well. Who knows, might help.

19. RaymondPalmer

RaymondPalmer New Member

Love your way of finishing the game.. It must be as we have achieved some great thing in life.. Boring ending will just spoil entire effort..

#59 RaymondPalmer, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013