How should the story be in Last Light?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by princemubz007, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Senemparu

Senemparu Member

2. Zer0

Zer0 Member

Well i was so happy when Glukhovsky said in one of the last interviews, that he is responsible 100% for the story and dialogues, it won't be less than good...

3. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he said he writes the story and the dialogue and then the devs cut it apart into something useable (something like that?)

4. He wrote all the new plot and all of the dialogue. Everything that didn't fit into the game went towards the M2035 book.

5. VanillaToshi

How do you think it will turn out? Sounds pretty good but Metro 2034 wasn't as good as 2033. I guess it's possible we could make a judgement based on LL when it comes out.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Tbh, Glukhovsky didn't write the best Metro books. He created an awesome post-apocalyptic universe and did write two great novels, but some of the stories written by other authors in the Universe of Metro 2033 series have already surpassed that level of quality. I've read Питер (Piter), К свету (Towards the Light) and I'm currently reading "Во мрак" (the Polish version is called "W mrok" - which means "Into the Darkness") and all of these novels are absolutely brilliant so far. It's just a shame that you won't be able to read them unless they decide to start translating those to English as well... and that could take a while considering the fact that Metro 2034 is still being translated. :(

7. LT Bukem

LT Bukem Member

This is university we see at the end of street or not ?

[​IMG]

correct me if I'm wrong. I have a feeling that we will have a trip to that station in last light

8. Papercuter

Papercuter Active Member

I read all books which are available in Germany: the books you have mentioned, Das Marmorne Paradies (The Marble Paradise) and Im Tunnel (In The Tunnel). In my opinion Metro 2033 is a very good book and Metro 2034 is also a good book but somehow there is something missing.Most of the Metro Universe books are good and some are almost as good as Metro 2033(for example Piter) but I think that The Marble Paradise is really strange and boring. Until now Metro 2033 is the best book.......

9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I guess it's all just personal opinion.

10. Papercuter

Papercuter Active Member

Of course it is

11. VanillaToshi

Yeah, I loved Metro 2034 but because I only read English, the translation ruined it a little bit for me because he'd only just started translating it and I was reading it chapter by chapter as he finished them so they were still full of errors, etc. So it didn't seem as good but I loved how deep it went into the idea of humanity, how other people, sometimes without knowing it can help people cope with mental struggles and ordeals and it was a much more in depth look at the minds of the characters rather than the plot. It was also a bit bleaker than 2033 from what I remember. Can't wait for an official English translation.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I would not be able to say which novel set in the Metro 2033 universe is the best of them all, but in my opinion all of the books I've read from the Uniwersum series have something that the originals lack... I don't know, I guess it could also be the translation. You read the books in German, whilst I read them in Polish - either of these could have a different style to the Russian originals.

13. Papercuter

Papercuter Active Member

Yeah, it could be the translation. Or it depends on your personal opinion. Though I won't ever know how it is written Russian. Maybe a German author is going to write a Metro book.

14. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Well we know that the baby dark one is the prisoner, that the red line is making a huge train, that artyom needs to get home, that the dark ones are ruining peoples memories, that the nazi's are killing people, that andrew is leading some refugees and has an epic cart, there are refugee troops in venice, and that there is a ranger named woodpecker. Oh and the factions all want the baby and d6 and perhaps more....

15. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

HaCkEd By DeEp SiLvEr= Da StAlKeR iS TeRmInAtEd

16. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

You're missing one major plot twist. Perhaps to do with the Reds. ;)

17. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

18. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

oh yeah and the rangers have d6 for now and the reds have a virus to control us all.