How should the story be in Last Light?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by princemubz007, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Now I can't seem to find proof that he said "Standard russian military test", but I think I saw it subtitled somewhere :eek:hwell:

2. teenbat

teenbat Active Member

Take the scary/intense situations to the fullest. In 2033, they were so close, but then they would drop it or not take it much farther.

3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

The f2000 is the biggest leap ever. Its so under complicated like an ak(cuase all its feature are digital) but it performs amazingly.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The FN F2000?

5. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

please explain the whole feature-digital thingy and why it is so great?

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Ooh styff like lock on for targets. And telling whar is living or not. And when to shoot. See since all this is digital there is no need for moving parts.

7. Q Dude 87

Q Dude 87 Member

i would like some reference to fallout just have a like a vault tech poster and have some one say "and they thought the vaults would save them, what bull@#*!" or maybe a mad max reference like the road warrior or something

8. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

I just want something like 2033. 2033 had an amazing story so lets hope for something as good or better.

9. ultimLux

ultimLux Well-Known Member

For Last Light, they could bring in some of the more philosophical and political elements from the book. The game has a good story, but it left those parts out that made the book great.
    Plus, it is a little action heavy (it is a video game, but still). Artyom went through the whole first chunk of the book without killing anyone. If they could work out a way to get in some more roleplaying and dialogue elements, then I think it will be fine.

10. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I would like to see more free-roaming in Friendly Stations and little side missions like the message you had to take up to the Broadcasting Station. (Yes I know it was used to give the player moral points.)

11. Shurfire

I was hoping for something like this when I first heard of 2033, but with this kind of a story I don't think so. The whole story is about trying to get to a point as fast as you can so the game should be linear but with extra side quests.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

From what I've heard (and seen) in the interview with Game Reactor TV, it seems that 4A Games are keeping the mostly linear structure, but aiming to include slightly more open areas on the surface and more choice both in combat & where you want to go/who you want to encounter on friendly stations. I feel positive about this approach.

13. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm happy with the linear approach.. but I do like multiple ways around the station, of course. I find that the linearity of Metro 2033 kept a sense of urgency, freshness, and focus which open world games (apart from STALKER) seem to lose.

Stalker.. somehow manages to keep that focus. Bloody incredible, GSC!

14. Shurfire

Yea but the free roam in STALKER made you feel like a STALKER. You hunt for artifacts, trade, survive. Things that are done in the zone.

15. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I think the linear approach is more appropriate for Metro Last Light, even though I would love an open world aspect. I mean, as VonStreff said, the story has a sense of urgency. It can't be like Far Cry or Skyrim or something where you do a mission that implies the situation is urgent, and then spend a couple hours doing side quests. Good for those games, but I don't think it blends with the storyline here.

16. Shurfire

I also said that, but at the same time there should be SOME open-world aspects. Maybe an extra side quest where you can help get a trade caravan to a station and it gets ambushed by bandits. Or when you reach a station or two, in order to stay you have to either pay a tax or you can work as a guard and on your post mutants attack and you have to help defend the station. These kinds of things.

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yes! I think what pretty much all of us would love to see more of in Last Light is choice. More replayability, a more personal story and a different experience for every player - not just from a gameplay perspective. :)

18. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that does seem pretty awesome.

19. VietnamVeteran

I think the Chechen should have reached Moscow and help the citizen. And kill the Reds and Reich.

20. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I doubt they would would be alive but it would look pretty awesome if they did.