How should the story be in Last Light?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by princemubz007, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Krek Young

Krek Young Member

More badass enemies like the librarians and bourbon's bitches instead of those usual tunnel trashes.

2. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I know right you know how much I get bullied on 9/11

3. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

a lot trust me he does to last year i backed him up when someone threw a punch and then the guy who threw the punches friends joined in

4. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Actually they only use a few American weapons like the M16 and Remington and how does the fact they used American armour and a copy of the Sherman tank mean that America produces perfect weapons? The Sherman was a terrible tank. America very rarely makes anything good. I'll give em the M16 though.

#44 VanillaToshi, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
  5. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

the m16 was pretty shitty at first, frequent jamming and requiring a lot of maintenance.

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Should have a mode 10x harder than ranger hardcore.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Maybe not ten times, but yeah - definitely harder. :p

8. VanillaToshi

Only the first models used in Vietnam, modern M16s are actually very simple,reliable and accurate weapons and there isn't actually much difference in how well they perform compared to AKs.

9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

An AK can be ran over by a truck, stuck in the mud and frozen to a Popsicle and still perform properly. An M16 may be capable of doing the same, but not likely.

Truth is, Russian weapons have to be built to a completely different set of specs compared to and M16 making it in many ways better and worse than an M16 which is built for a more 'clean' battlefield.

10. Lagtagbag

I've never heard of a clean battlefield. usually things get pretty dirty:p

11. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

http://youtu.be/1jIId6eeIuc?t=2m
    This guy is so russian: Standard russian military test, :lol:

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

All I heard was svruhhudbiaslgneoafuwabhfkbf and one guy shooting with an AK and another shooting with an M16.. :p

Well, the AA12 is an American and can take just as much bullsh*t as the AK. Might not have such a long lifetime as the AK though.

13. Lagtagbag

and the AA12 is a shotgun first of all. kinda hard to compare a rifle with a shottie.

14. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Sure, but taking as how it is fully automatic, it might not be that much simpler than an assault rifle. Maybe vice versa, actually.

15. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I know this isn't the designated guns thread, but it is cool to look over the years to see the Americans come out with a weapon that seems to have so much etiquette and craftsmanship while being crafted with ample resources. Even cooler is seeing how the Russians have completely stayed on par with us, using what resources they have to produce rugged weaponry that does nothing besides it's job. Interesting to see. There is a magazine in the US called Esquire, and they have some fascinating articles. I remember reading one that was like twenty pages and it compared the AK-47 to the M-16. Great read.

Edit: Found it; http://www.esquire.com/features/ak-47-history-1110

16. Aaron

Regular

its even worse for the American's knowing that the Russian are catching up and even passing the Americans in small arms now a days with guns such as the AN-94, AEK-971,972,973, AS VAL and AK-12. Even the new T-90ms out matches the abrams which we all know could use an update.

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

To be honest, I'm not comfortable with two of some of the world's biggest military superpowers having such weapons... then again, I'm not comfortable with anyone having access to them. :lol:

18. Lagtagbag

err its probably heavier than alot of rifles, it got a way less range, lower muzzle velocity and somehow I doubt that the aa12 fires well with dirt in the pipe. especially with pellets?:S about maintenance, it might not require much maintenance, depends a bit on how many parts it consists of. although since it is fully automatic it might require some more maintenance tha other shotties.. but still comparing a rifle with a shotgun is not really working.

19. VanillaToshi

Lol you mean it's built for an army that isn't made up of small kids taken from their homes by vicious war lords.

Although I prefer AK rifles to the M16 and it's variants, the M16 is a much more efficient combat weapon. Better accuracy, longer effective range, higher RoF, can be mounted with a ridiculous amount of attachments, lighter weight, the ammo is also lighter which means you can carry more ammo, also the stock/foregrip are made of synthetic materials which are stronger than the wood on the AK.
    Also the M16s smaller bullet does more damage on flesh targets than the bullet of the AK47.

If it's a real soldier using the M16 then he will know how to look after his weapon and it won't be liable to reliability problems. Every soldier should look after his weapon. Most reliability issues have been fixed and jams are not anywhere near as frequent as they used to be.

It doesn't bother me anyway because I'd take a modern AK-74 over either of those weapons. Edit: Why? Because it's more reliable than both of them and more accurate than the AK-47/AKM and it uses a smaller round which means more ammo and even though it's still an outdated design compared to some new assault rifles it retains it's badass factor which I think modern assault rifles lack ;) hehe

#59 VanillaToshi, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
  20. Aaron

Regular

Personally I'd prefer an AK-74m. Just fits my taste.

Also a man can learn how to field strip and clean an AK in 45 mins while it would take 4 hours to learn how to properly maintain an M16. Not to mention, if your crawling threw a field of mud or a jungle floor for days on end, it might be a bit hard to strip down and clean your M16.under fire. An AK on the other hand "that's the business end, now go to work" as simple as that.