How much sleep do you require?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by moneyman, Dec 20, 2015.

1. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

So how much everyone here sleeps?

I personally like to sleep as long as possible often being late from school or meetings however if I don't sleep enough I will be angry in the morning. Mostly I get along with 7-9 hours of good sleep sometimes even more.

2. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not much. I spend too much time playing MMORPG's, RPG's and League of Legends especially. I play 4-5 hours a day and sleep as much. Yes, I know it's counterproductive and could lead to serious health issues, but, who cares? We're playing games! It's the risk and price I'm taking and assimilating.

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually get an average of about 5 hours of sleep on the weekdays, but if I have a day off or it is the weekends I'll sleep for eight hours. I'm a night owl so I have a hard time forcing myself to go to bed early unless I watch, read or listen to something really boring. In one instance I used my dad and his military stories to cure a stubborn episode of insomnia:p

4. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

In the past I wouldn't feel rested without 10 hours of sleep and given the chance I'd even go a full 12, but nowadays I feel groggy all day if I sleep that long. 8 hours is pretty much the standard of how much I need, although I can function quite well on 5 or 6.

5. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

More than I am getting, that's for sure.
    Between exercising, working and spending time with people, I barely even have time to game anymore, but when I do, I feel my energy levels dropping a lot if I cut off sleeping hours.

6. moneyman

Regular

Interesting to hear your opinions. I am kind of surprised how people here are sleeping so little per day.

7. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

If I get under 7 hours don't come within a 10 foot radius of me

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't function properly if I get less than 6 hours of sleep, so I'd say that's the minimum. Anything over 8 and I feel tired anyway. :D

9. moneyman

Regular

I have the same thing. If I sleep less than 6 hours I am going to feel tired the next day and maybe take a nap.

10. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Isn't the average of sleep eight hours? 5 to 6 hours isn't really that bad, say unlike 3 hours of sleep. I also blame internet since you can get absorbed by whatever you are looking at online to not notice hours passing by. I remember being on the computer overnight and by the time I looked at the clock, I only had two hours to get ready to go to work.

11. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

At least 7 hours, preferably 8. I really can't function without sleep at all. I shudder to think what would happen if I had to go several nights without it.

12. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Depends. I can live off of 4 hours of sleep if I get it without interruptions. If my sleep gets interrupted on a constant basis then people better steer clear of me. Once a week I'll generally crash for a full 8 hour sleep period and go back to 4 hours.

13. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I need 7-8 hours of sleep a day or I'll go nuts. I can sleep for 6 hours but I'll need coffee and a very good reason to do it. Anything more than 8 hours makes me tired as well and I think you're overdoing it already, you have to make your day productive and not spend so much time sleeping anyhow.

14. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am a pretty different person in the morning if I do not get my eight hours. I think at this point in my life it is more just my own expectations that really make the difference, just having been told that eight hours is the go to when it comes to sleep, so if I know I did not get it then I kind of psych myself out of feeling good and start to feel tired and off.

15. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have to get at least 7-8 hours. I have to get up early and I'm not a morning person. So it helps if I can have time to wake up.

16. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Sleep, something that is alien to me. The most I can get at a day is maybe four hours and that's literally in the daytime since I have to work at night. It's pretty much messed up my sleep cycle and I don't even know how I can type right now. Hahahaha!

17. Ridge

Ridge Active Member
    Regular

I usually sleep for 4 or 5 hours a night. But after a couple weeks of doing that I eventually need a night of at least 7 hours or a daytime nap to keep me regular.

18. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member
    Regular

On weekdays, I probably get around 5 hours, but then on the weekend I sleep for around 13 and just catch up on all the sleep I missed!

19. TheNapier

TheNapier Member
    Regular

I function best when I get 7 hours... any more and I get a sore throat and general 'blek,' any less and I can feel that my cognitive abilities are negatively impacted.

daredevil likes this.
  20. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm pretty much used to sleeping about 3-4 hours only a day. But yes it can wreak havoc on my cognition as well. At times, I feel like I'm just going through the day without even experiencing it. Sleeping like that has made me weak and tired but alas, my work requires it.