How many times did u beat metro 2033?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Greywolf997, Oct 28, 2011.

1. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

i usually play through a game on the easiest level the first time so i can enjoy it and take it easy. then i start to challenge myself by raising the dificulties as i go >:)

2. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Just got told that my BRother bought the game, and began playing. Might just as well pick it up myself yet again, and try and finish for the 3rd time. This Time with the good ending! >:U

3. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

...Six, or seven times, about? The first time I went through, I went through on Hard Mode and used guns normally and got the "good" ending. The second time I went through, I only used knives and Helsing, (without ever being able to lose a Helsing quarrel - had to keep count of how many I had and losing one was paramount to losing and having to reload to me). Had quite a lot of bullets by the end of the game.

The rest of the times were after the difficulty patch was released, and I played only on Ranger Hardcore. Same playing style. Got even more money, because I could sell the Volt Driver and Heavy Automatic Shotgun. Had over 1,000 military grade bullets after playing each time. :D

4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Good for him, your family has excellent taste! :)

I know what you mean, I just love getting my arrows back. Playing hardcore is brilliant, but yeah, too much money due to those guns.

5. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

'd say we are up and above 10 times

6. Ranger Kuzmenko

Ranger Kuzmenko New Member

4 times, 1 on the easiest setting, 3 times on the hardest.

7. iR3vOlv3Rz

iR3vOlv3Rz Well-Known Member

ehrm, i don't remember exatly but it must be 8 or 9 times.

8. I have about 600 hours on record. I can't really translate that into actual number of games finished.

9. superleam99

superleam99 Member

9 times easy
    2 times normal
    5 times hardcore
    1 time ranger easy
    12 times ranger hardcore

10. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

i finished metro 2033 like 5 times.

1 time on easy ( for exploring and learnin the basics)
    4 times on hardcore

11. Von Streff

Regular

Are you serious?! That's a true Metro fan right there...

12. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

1 time normal, the rest on Ranger hardcore.

I don't really have a count... but if I were to guess my hours of playtime it'd be in the mid 200's, and that number will likely rise as I still play a LOT.

13. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

2 on easy (the first two runs)

1 on ranger easy

1 on ranger hardcore (volt driver only, no stealth obviously)

current playthrough on ranger hardcore pistol only.

14. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

More than 10 times with 4 different graphic cards and 2 different monitors :D
    Played on easy on the first 2 graphic cards, the game was too slow for my reflexes to kick in.
    The rest was on Ranger Hardcore, the pure fun of Metro.

It just used to run so slow before, and with each graphic card it got better and looked so good on my 2nd monitor couldn't resist playing it :D

It runs so fast now, but these days its just the general knife throwing or finding different ways of beating a stage.

#54 amd955ben560, May 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  15. Beebopa

Beebopa Well-Known Member

I only beat it twice, but the second one was on ranger hardcore AND i got the good ending.

That has to count as SOMETHING!

16. Von Streff

Regular

Good to have you here Beebopa, and it's epic that you played on hardcore and got the good ending! Just watch my back in Last Light, and I'll be fine. :)

17. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

I'll be honest and say that I was very disappointed with the way the original game played (and I still can't get over the broken enemy AI). Beat it twice back in 2010, on Normal then Hardcore to get both endings. I truly enjoyed the story, the soundtrack and the overal atmosphere but gameplay put me off so much that I left the game to collect dust on a shelf afterwards.
    It wasn't until some time last year that I decided to give the game another chance and bought the Ranger Pack (Microsoft gifted me exactly 240MSP). For some reason it just clicked, and I honestly can't remember exactly how many times I've beaten it on Ranger Hardcore with the Enlightened ending... At least twenty times.
    Metro 2033 has become one of my most cherished single player gaming experiences this gen together with the original Bioshock, Condemned, Cryostasis, Deadly Premonition, both Kane & Lynch games and The Saboteur.

#57 cerberus, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
  18. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I just finished my 4th playthrough, the first that wasn't on "Easy" (It was ranger easy), and it was much more fun that way. I think I'll do a playthrough with Ranger Hardcore soon :p

19. Beebopa

Beebopa Well-Known Member

It really is the best way to play it, so much more immersive.

20. gaiusimperator

I beat it five times. Three on Ranger Hardcore, and I got the good ending three times, once on easy, once on Hardcore, and once I could have got the good ending on Hardcore, but I just sat there as the missles launched, knowing the Dark One had to die.

Ranger Hardcore gets you sooo into the game that the endings are just so much more emotionally rewarding.