How long should the Metro: Last Light campaign be?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Agreed, even though I like big RPG like me 1, it doesn't realy fit the Metro style.
    But a few side missions like that radio broadcast would be nice :)

2. AltairArtyom

AltairArtyom Well-Known Member

i allways say, "Longer=Better", just like 10 hours would be cool, and i'm meaning in normal mode, in easy just like 7 or 8 hours, and in hardore.... good luck, gentelmen

3. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Assuming that multiplayer won't be mind-blowingly good, I think they need to make a very long campaign, and I'm talking 10 hours on easy. Simply because of the following:
    - They have one of the best stories out there, therefore alot of their focus should be on campaign
    - Their multiplayer will most likely not be very good and just seen as an alternative to the campaign rather than vice-versa
    - They seem to have another audience than the usual FPS multiplayer-based games, a more story-and-feel oriented audience, so to speak.

4. AltairArtyom

yeah, PvP won't be good, so check out what does this man, unbreakable_mind says on my thread "a multyplayer mode?":

"I think for the most part, the developers would be focusing on Coop plays. It would be in a style similar to that of Rainbow Six games or Splinter cell games, you have a small team of players with very limited respawns, and you have to complete a certain task. There are many possible tasks in the ruined Moscow. For example, you may have a scavenging mission where players must work to retrieve certain items within a set amount of time and bring them back to "base", this can be something like the stalkers siphoning gas out of vehicle or something. You may also have rescue missions, that station's boss blah blah blah has been kidnapped, go rescue them from the nazis or the bandits. Third type of game play would probably be base defence type map, see how many waves you can hold back.

It would be interesting to have PvP, but I think it would not be the focus of multiplayer. To make it work and to not make it feel like an aracade game, the map should have element of danger and surprise like neutral monsters who would attack both sides."

So i think, if they make a multyplayer like this, it would be better, but, of course, the game should be long, as long as they could

5. iR3vOlv3Rz

iR3vOlv3Rz Well-Known Member

i hope around 15-20 hours but i already know this is can't be real -_-"

6. AltairArtyom

yo, it's true

7. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Know one will know for sure until release but we can all fill our minds with happy thoughts about the metro and the humble yet frantic actions of artyom until then.

8. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

Long enough :)

9. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

yeah they should exploit it as much as possible

10. superleam99

superleam99 Member

ALOT MORE made it in 6 hours should be atleast 100

11. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

It can be from 6 to 10 hours or more. I dont care how long the game will last if it has good chaacters, beatifull russian voice actors, Khans fabulous quetes, loots of actions/mutants/weapons/neo-nazis/exploding fuel barrels :)
    Well for guys that wants a long fps/rpg i advice Deus Ex, it is really long ( about 25+ hours). Metro doesnt need to be long only to have a bright light in the dark tunnel...

12. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

The campaign shouldn't really be measured in time; what used to take seven hours now takes two and a half for Metro 2033. As long as there are as many levels (if not more) as Metro 2033's campaign, I'll be happy.

13. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

another thing they could put in Last Light should be the Level List,so i can just skip the ones i don't like instead of having to go through the whole campaign everytime ._.

14. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. theta123

theta123 Well-Known Member

A good 12 hours atleast worth of gameplay, with later on a Expansion/DLC that might continue a bit from the end of the storyline

Like for example, i would have loved an DLC that would span the metro2033 to last light, like an escape from the tower after the nukes that you must make it back to D6

16. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

longer than 2033