How long should the Metro: Last Light campaign be?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. SwordBreaker

SwordBreaker Active Member

As long as possible unless it isn't repetative :D

2. Oxotnik

Oxotnik Active Member

to play about 12-15 hours ...

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Amen

4. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Yeah, the length doesn't matter that much, as long as its good. I'd rather have four hours of awesome than twenty-five hours of *sigh.* The length of Metro 2033 seemed good to me.

5. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

Thats exactly what I dont like with most RPG,s today they brag about for instance final fantasy the umpteenth saying it has over sixty hours of gametime while in reality 40-45 of those hours are used to grind or go back and forth between mission givers and by adding repetetive missions that take a long time to finish.

6. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

can I have 1.000.000.000.000.000.000 hours? ;) i would not get bored i never got bored even when i finished the 2033 for 100 time

7. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, same here, but that's because it was a rather short game. If it was 100 hours long, most people would play it once (if that) and then never play it again. As a short, intense game it allows us to replay it and discover new stuff every time. So keep it short and epic, and we'll love it.

8. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I think just because a game is good its not an excuse to drag the campaign on for days, it would make the game dull and boring. Im my book only rpg's are allowed to pull that off.

9. Oxotnik

Oxotnik Active Member

no 48 hours will be too many. I think that 12-14 will be enough. Well that's my opinion if you prefer having too long game all right. Also game will cost 50 as I know

10. Greywolf997

Greywolf997 Well-Known Member

They really need to make the campaing longer i took me 5 hours just to get to D6 but i got stuck because of those anoying little slime exploding brains i didnt know i could kill the hatcher where they spawn from so it took me a 12 in 1/2 to beat it i got dissapointed whene borben died i bet their gonna do it agien ad get the kinda funny/cool character to die agien maby kahn?!!???better not be kahn is AWSOME AND WISE and miller to i hope it will atleast take me 3 or dayt beat it!

#30 Greywolf997, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
  11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I completed Metro 2033 (for the first time) in around 13 hours. Overall, I completed it twice and according to Steam, I've played the game over 26 hours in total (including some achievement hunting). I think that's some nice length. However, I wouldn't mind if 4A Games went for something even longer this time and made Last Light 15-20 hours for first playthrough. Anything beyond that - too long for this type of game.

12. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, but they have to make every level unique, as they did in the first game. I never thought "Oh great, some more mindless shooting, look! Those soldiers look like the last bunch! And here we have yet another horde of mutants!" Rather, every single mission seemed to be a whole new idea, with sometimes 5-6 soldiers, sometimes 20-30. The mutants were often in hordes, but it changed with whether you had allies, a friend, or no-one.

Just saying I hope they keep this excellent overall plan! :)

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's a good point. I agree with you and I hope they keep this level of originality for each chapter.

14. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

long enough haha

15. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

Like an endless tunnel...

16. BORIS13

make it like Hansa. a endless cricular tunnel

17. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

i think metro should have a scripted story like the first game but also the ability to do side missions around the metro kind of like GTA 4 or something anyone agree?:confused:

18. BORIS13

actually thats not a bad idea. tat wud be cool to have short side missions and a little rpg style in it :)

19. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

absolutely! I'd really like to see some side/secondary quests apart from teh main storyline.
    Like,you arrive in a station (let's say,Riga) and you have to not only get ready for the next step of the story,but you can also improve your weaponry or MGR amount with other missions (like,finding out why Riga tunnel is blocked)

20. Von Streff

Regular

Hmm, kinda, but far less open than GTA 4. Maybe just a few more like the side-missions in 2033, like the radio-broadcast?