How is TERA now?

Discussion in 'Tera' started by elchobo, Jan 19, 2016.

1. elchobo

elchobo Member
    Regular

Hello all!
    I played TERA when it first came out and was pay2play, and I quite enjoyed it. The combat was fresh, nice graphics, and interesting bosses/dungeons.
    The one issue I had was there was no end game. I powered my way to max level and there was just... nothing to do once I got there. They did introduce... I forget what it's called, but it was a bunch of shiny/metal looking guys that would spawn, and you'd kill them to earn points to buy PvP gear? Yeah, that was the laggiest thing ever and due to TERA limitations, only a certain number of things could appear on the screen at once, so it was impossible to heal party members, and sometimes even the monster would phase out....
    PvP was amazing in that game, and the only thing that kept me around for a bit longer.

But it has been a long, LONG time since I have even touched the game. Before it was free to play.
    I was wondering what kind of new features/classes/dungeons/content has been added since then and if it is worth playing again?

The only game I've enjoyed as much as TERA was FFXIV, which after my static dissolved, I quit that, so I haven't even touched an MMO in over a year.

2. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

Tera.... is dead. At least, the EU version is. The economy is in shambles, the content updates are simply not interesting enough, the player base needs a microscope to be actually found, and every new gear tier update makes the old gear so redundant that it's laughable. It's a damn shame. I had such great fun with this game (especially the combat system), and it breaks my heart just to look at it now.