How has TOR developed over the years?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by LodTroll, Jan 14, 2015.

1. LodTroll

LodTroll Member

Heya guys. We all know how disappointing this was at launch, and I along with many others quit this within 2 months. I've recently remembered the game once more, and have been wondering how it has developed over the years, especially after becoming free to play. How is balance? Is it still played by many people? Is it taken seriously by the developers or are they just barely keeping it functioning?

Cheers.

2. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I for one, tried to play it in the beginning and absoulitely hated it. I have now come back a couple of years later and I love it. The overall experience and mechanics of the game have vastly improved.

3. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I didnt love it at the beginning. However, as time has gone on and it went F2P, I have enjoyed it way more. It's a shame it didnt gain more ground on its release. That is really the make or break in this mmorpg environment.

4. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played SWTOR for a while at launch, even subscribed for 6 months before moving on to other games. It was pretty good, the story was great and all but I just kind of got bored with it after a while, enough to stop my sub. I'm wondering if it's worth coming back to it now in 2016?

It feels like most times with MMORPGs if you get in too late after the height of its popularity, you kind of miss the boat, or you're playing on borrowed time. Then again, that can be true for a new MMORPG as well since they can be shut down at pretty much anytime.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

TOR is a game which has a lot of potential and can be a really great game, but it just falls short at times. I liked the gameplay but it didn't keep me hooked for a long time.