Quantcast

How does this match up with Souls series?

Discussion in 'Lords of the Fallen' started by Totalarmordestine, May 13, 2015.

1. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

In the world of gaming, the moment any two games have even the tiniest thing in common, comparisons are drawn. Usually, it makes one game seem better than what it really is. Or, it wrongfully discredits another game. But how does this match up to the souls games?

2. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone who really wanted this to be a direct rip-off of the souls games, this game is nothing like the Souls' games. I get the feeling it's saying it's like Souls but only so it can garner more attention.

3. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

I'd say personally that it's nowhere near as good as the Souls games, but it's a nice familiar feeling while playing it. The controls are pretty similar, but pretty much every mechanic that's similar, is very different. Almost, not as fine-tuned as Souls' combat, in my honest opinion. Having said that however, the game is gorgeous, and it's still in no way a bad game

4. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

It's not that good. It's clunkier, the story is more in your face (and also not that good), lore isn't as good and there's absolutely no online features.

It's still good, but it's a pale imitation.

5. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member Regular

Its nothing like the Souls games and it never will be. I don't know why they decided to market it as such but oh well. It is not a very good game to be honest but it does have flourishes of awesomeness from time to time which says alot about the hidden potential of the game. The combat is interesting and some of the levels are dark/brooding which works well with the atmosphere so I'll give em that.

6. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

It's not nearly as good IMO. It's an imitation, and a poor one at that. I remember also having some disappointing performance problems.

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Not even close in my opinion. Dark Souls is more responsive and controls are tighter. I don't like how slow and loose LOTF feels, and it's also a lot more of a button masher because enemies take more damage and you need to tank a lot because rolling is very unreliable unlike the Souls series.
    I guess it depends on what you want. If you like tank classes that absorb tons of damage, then Lords of The Fallen is the game for you because I think it's the only thing that does somewhat right.

8. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

This game seemed like God of War where you play as Kratos who killed his own family and is haunted by the evil deeds he did and trying to seek repentance to the gods and in this game we have a criminal who is freed by a monk to make changes in the world, and the fights against monsters is similar to the way Kratos acts and is shown to help others if it benefits him in the end. I think the game is more of a button pressing one as in God of War you are solving puzzles and fighting many different creatures who are fearsome, and like how the fights are in the game and you are trying to make changes in your life and mankind as well. The game is not like Dark Souls and did a better job in sales then the Reckoning game that had some good points but the company ended up closing up as the sales record was below what they hoped to achieve and needed 3 million games sold to make a good profit.