How Do You Deal With a Poor Player on Your Team?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by NikkiR, Mar 24, 2016.

1. mauricioq

mauricioq Well-Known Member
    Regular

When i have a bad player on my team I just try to help him all the times so he can succeed. If you start arguing or whatever with him, he'll just play worse, the secret if to help more.

2. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I honestly don't even notice a bad teammate. I focus more on doing my part to help the team and trying to cover for things I think are missing in our offense or defense. Bad teammates will happen, and all you can do is play your best.

3. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is true in a lot of cases. There will always be bad or lesser players in matches. I only really notice bad plays when they are comically bad or someone is just straight up trolling.

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yup. Sometimes the player isn't even really all that bad and might just be having an off day. I know I get one sometimes and when I play I feel like and appear like such a noob I'm sure, even if I'm experienced enough. That's why I try to assume that of somebody who doesn't seem to be doing well because we all have off days sometimes.

5. erook7878

Regular

I'm usually able to differentiate good players that are playing off and those that are just straight up bad or just intentionally playing bad. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes it's just obvious what they are doing though.

6. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well flaming him won't make him play any better. If you're looking to win you just ignore him and focus on your own play.

7. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree with this. Sometimes you have a very toxic player start screaming at a ´bad´player, and i am thinking how they would even know unless they are watching them too closely and thus not concentrating on actually playing themselves.

I rarely notice bad players, but always remember that games are very short, and you are more likely to have a bad player on the other team than on your own time ( if you are a decent player).. so in the end, it favors you to just concentrate on playing the best you can.

8. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

Honestly with time I've experienced that the only way to deal with it effectively is to pretend as if they're not feeding or help the person's lane as much as possible before it gets out of control and you think they will potentially feed.

Fighting gets nowhere and the most obvious thing to do is helping another lane that may win and make it up but that's to be expected by the enemy team too, and can turn the game into a total loss.

9. erook7878

Regular

It is just something you have to accept will happen. I'm definitely taken it more lightly as I've gotten older. You just have to play on without paying too much attention to it.

10. ZeboThePenguin

Regular

I would try to make the situation as comfortable as possible for them and not yell at them. If they are severely losing lane then I would ask them if they would need any sort of advice on what to do and kind of guide them through the slump. Most players that I've dealt with are raging 12 year old's who take the advice the completely opposite way and for that I just simply report them and block their toxic attitude.

11. TungstenCube

TungstenCube Member
    Regular

I will usually try to teach them something. I know when I first started with LoL, i was grateful for the vets who (gently) helped me along, as opposed to jumping down my throat at every opportunity.

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Agreed. Sometimes I think players also just have bad days. There are times when I can't concentrate end or can't execute the way I want to no matter how much I try even though I've been able to do it easily in the past. I think even professional players also sometimes have to deal with this type of occurrence like just being in the wrong mood or mindset.

13. Amilie

Amilie Member
    Regular

I usually ignore them but that's a bad idea since they end up feeding so much. I understand why people would be angry especially during ranked but cussing at your teammates doesn't magically help them improve their play. All it does is make the team toxic and we just end up screwing the game. In most cases, I would try to cover for them instead of letting them roam around freely.

14. Seopril

Seopril Member
    Regular

I ignore them if they start flaming chat. Other than that, I try to help them out if I'm in a position to, but I won't focus on getting them back into the game if they fall too far behind. I'll do my best to gank their lane if possible, but if they are comically bad then it's better for me to spend time in other lanes.

15. Beermoney

Beermoney Member
    Regular

I understand that every player will be better at some heroes while poorer at others. Therefore, I try to look at the circumstances and react accordingly. If the player is just weak at using that hero, then I will try my best to stick around him to offer more protection for him. After all, it is a team game and I do not want to lose the match either. The best case is to keep that player alive and take kills together with him. The whole idea is to make up for his weakness with my own strength.

16. meganisonfire

meganisonfire Member
    Regular

When my team mate isn't doing good I just tell them to do the best that they can. I mean I don't think there is really to much that you can do if they are a bad player. If you know them personally you might be ale to show them some tricks to help them. That is if they are willing to listen. Some of the people I have played worth would not listen to me at all and they were horrible at this game.

17. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

I get over it. Flaming him won't improve his skills whatsoever. If it happens for him to actually be the one flaming in his newbie-skills posture, then I make sure to also mute him. My point being, don't flame! Only you've got to lose.

18. Shellatin

Shellatin Member
    Regular

I've found it's best to just immediately block whoever is trash talking, especially if they're on your team. There's no use in taking the time to type back to anyone just to say something that's not useful. If someone on your team is genuinely trying and you are frustrated, just politely suggest they do something. I've found if you're fighting with your own team, you will almost always lose, especially in ranked games. Don't feed the troll.

19. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

From experience I think poor players just need a little direction and encouragement. Admit it, we all start as a noob and it takes a little failure to learn some new tricks. Don't be so hard on poor players and don't trash talk them as well if you want a chance at winning fairly. Coach like you've never coached before.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

You're right. Unless the player is doing it intentionally it really is best to just help because that way you also get to learn a lot as well. I know I learned a lot of solo queue tricks just by thinking this way instead of just getting mad.