HOGG reports players for exploiting and Trion forces apology

Discussion in 'Rift' started by callmehomergade, Jun 9, 2015.

1. callmehomergade

2. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

Video narrated by the same Hogg dude who likes the Pulp Fiction pawnshop scene a little bit too much.

So what's this thread all about? Trying to portray yourselves as good guys now after all the flack you took for griefing "gimps" in DFUW in this video by the same dude?

You're a guild of low-lifes and the whole world knows it. You can't even do the "We is a swell community, gimps" bit right.

3. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

No need to 'watch' the video. It's 30 minutes staring at a static image while someone reads, and spits on their microphone, the comments of those who had been banned and were apologizing.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

Based on the description (getting yourself stuck at 0 hp and becoming immortal), I would call that a glitch, not an exploit.

Banning for glitching is ok, exploits not so much.

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Aside from fact that there is something like terms-of-service, I think I understand why did that that happen: it wasn't just any guild, probably over half of members got own herd of twitch + youtube followers. Ban could cause collapse of guild - we r talking here about numbers raising exponentially (one looted but it wasn't one-man-raid...there are no one-man-raids even if they did that once that's 20), it's like cutting own throat to Trion..again.It could case loosing many of these kids dreaming of one-day-wanna-be pwning the enemies that hard - or doing the end-game content (that require solid gear, solid skills and people that can provide same for party). Many of these don't have any of these requirements -.rarely one -that's rather frustrated group that gets offended easily but provides income.

Saying that - I do not sympathise with Trion, if that would happen to som1 insignificant, he wouldn't get a chance to apologise. If caught red-handed it would end with serie of bans to all involved - who cares for some no-namers. If they would inform the dev-s - "hey - we got a bug that should be fixed asap" - it's not a crime...just that it got out because one was perky enough to puff about it in public, imo - they got busted

theat mechanism with followers- isn't something new actually - I recall that most of my neighborhood (including me) was playing basketball dreaming to be that good as Michael Jordan - only that I was more lucky, he was a fair-player and wasn't giving reasons to call him cheesing nit.

6. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

This is why I hate Rift now. The basic premise is being the best of the best and that means either 2 things, 1 spending a crapload of money in the store or 2 figuing out how to defeat bosses faster than anyone else and more often. I have personally witnessed people in nearly every dungeon having alternative way to kill bosses, bypassing mechanics. Typically it involves standing in a place that for whatever reason makes it nearly impossible for the boss to hit your or for the mechanics to affect you. Nearly every single player that has ever raided or done a dungeon has done a minor exploit like that at least once. Often times the more competative you get the more people seek out these exploits.

Anyway, I don't got time for all that, I'm in an RP guild that likes to have story time by the fire. They could care less about being the best geared. Trying to PvP in a guild that doesn't care about gear and rather about story time in rotating dimensions means that I will NEVER be competative in PvP ever again. It's sickening when every once in a while I see how things are and despite my best efforts I often do 1/4th or 1/5th the damage of the top player and the gear discrepency plays a huge role in that.