Hobbit before LOTR

Discussion in 'Lord of the Rings' started by BattleAxe, Aug 8, 2013.

1. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love both of the trilogies. I don't mind the fact that they made it into 3 movies, even though 2 would have been enough in my opinion. If the movies came out before LotR, I think they would actually do better since people wouldn't have anything to compare them to. If LotR came out afterwards with the same quality it first came out, it would have been praised even more.

2. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

The Hobbit trilogy would never of happened without the LOTR trilogy doing so well, the hobbit was never meant to be like that the damn thing was a kids story he told his kids before bed ffs.

3. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think the Hobbit would have done as well without the context the LOTR trilogy gave to it. I think people cared because of the lore. But the Hobbit series never really captured me like LOTR did. Maybe because it was so novel in terms of the filmography.

4. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've watched and loved the LOTR trilogy. I've watched The Hobbit too. Well, if they will be making it a trilogy why not. It's a pretty intelligent decision because we all know that LOTR was a success. So if I'm the director I will really do the prequel. It means earning more a lot of bucks.

5. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just wouldn't watch Hobbit at all. It's not very good compared to the LOTR trilogy, imo at least.