Hi, I'm Ashtrax

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ashtrax, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Ashtrax

Ashtrax Well-Known Member

Hey,

I have already commented on alot of threads and started the odd one but thought I had best introduce myself. I'm Ashtrax/Ash, I'm from the North West of England just outside of Manchester. I got into Metro after seeing an advert on Youtube for Last Light. I loved the music so I delved deeper and found myself totally immersed in the world of Metro.

I love the ideas around Metro, just the concept of humanity being forced together and all the good and bad in humanity showing. I love the book beyond words as I feel it takes me into the world of Metro, feeling like I am actually talking to Khan and avidly listening to every word he says.

I have never been much of a gamer, I really only own several games (Forza 3, COD Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption) and I have never felt so attracted to a game like I am with Metro.

Most of all I love the weaponry of Metro. Im not a huge fan of using pneumatics but the ingenuity that has gone into making them is incredible! Im looking forward to the range of weapons in Last Light especially the bolt action weapons (I was heavily into sniping and the skills surrounding it for years but now I'm blind in my right eye so no chance of it happening in reality!).

Anyway, I am always around if anyone wants to discuss Metro or wants an opinion on any matter. I notice that there are several users whos names crop up again and again on the site which is great as you are clearly passionate! Its just a shame we cant get this to more Metro fans but I dont know how!

Many thanks for reading!

Ash

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Welcome Ash, to the metro.

3. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Welcome to the Metro! I loved the book and game as well, as, I think, do most of us here. :)