Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vasili, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Vasili

Vasili New Member

I'm Vasili, and I've been a fan of the Metro franchise 2010 (not that it matters).
    I'm a huge geek about this franchise and I have a warhead aimed at MGM Studios if they fuck up the movie.

Hopefully it will be a pleasure to post with you all on the forums!

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

:lol:

Okay then. Welcome to forum :yo:. I hoping that the movie poster is a good one (hand drawn) instead of a picture of random poses of the actors, all who are looking in different directions.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Welcome to the community! :)

You and me both.

I second that. :D Here's a link to some old posters of the Star Wars original trilogy: http://io9.com/incredibly-weird-star-wars-posters-you-probably-havent-1521987518 Notice that the ones from the Eastern Bloc countries are the weirdest but also, in my opinion, the nicest. The Polish and Hungarian ones are the best, the Russian ones are pretty good too. I know they're not quite visually representative of the films, but when they are done this way the posters themselves become an art and can be used to express more. You won't find as many posters like that today.

4. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

That's right :). I was always fond of old movie posters because this. I've found myself several times judging an old movie just by their cover -which, as you know, all of the cover art is usually great- and have often been disappointed by the end of the film because it wasn't as good as the poster made it look :laugh:. I know that there are still few people out there who make actual movie posters, hand drawn, for modern movies in the style of a 70s/80s film poster. Sadly, hardly any movie companies/movie producers know about them.