Hello. I am the new admin.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HarleyQuinn, Feb 7, 2013.

1. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Administrator

I need about five cups of coffee before I can make sentences good and stop looking at the screen like I'm trying to interpret some long lost picture language. Meanwhile, why don't you tell me more about yourself!

2. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

HI. I am a batman fan whos 13

3. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hi there. Pretend i have written some long presentation about me which you'll find utterly irrelevant and you will soon forget.

4. rex "alky'' change

rex "alky'' change Well-Known Member

just a man... :D
    your turn now.

5. HarleyQuinn

I am a 34, going on 35 year old, scrappy chick from the Bronx who grew up watching cartoons, playing video games, reading comics and never really stopped doing any of it. My husband reminded me that we'll have been either dating or married for a total of 18 years in March. Which prompted me to say, "Wait. What?"

If you're ever interested in what art stuff I've done, there is a website for that.
    http://www.eileencruz.net/

I've never been one for the anonymity of the internet. I've always figured that I should be willing to put my name behind whatever idiot thing I have to say. So, as it turns out, that makes it pretty easy to find me on the internet because I've been working on sites for about 15 years.

I am listening to Metric and No Doubt right now. Not at the same time.

I just picked up ZombiU and Black Ops 2 for the Wii U. I don't know how much I'll actually get to play either. The husband and I play Rock Band too much. As a present he picked up the Fender guitar that works with RB3 for me. So, I've been picking that up again. I'll usually only do vocals or pro guitar on RB3. Sometimes drums. Outside of those, it's mostly portable games or mobile games these days. I'm playing Rage of Bahamut on my phone.

6. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

It's nice to see your making your presence on these forums known, Eileen!

As for myself I've already posted a mediocre description on your public page, so... Yeah.

#6 Aaron, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  7. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

have you played metro 2033?

8. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

You worked on Thundercats?

:shocked:

My favorite cartoon during my childhood. I even had the sword with a glowing red eye lol

Anyway it's nice to have you here. :)

9. HarleyQuinn

Not quite yet. As I've become more and more engrossed in work, I've had less time to game. There's this stack of games going back to the gameboy color that are still waiting for me to play them. But, I can still support the forums on tech basis, making sure the mods have what they need to mod and making sure the forum's in working order for you guys, and keeping everyone who graces the forums with their presence company.

Nooooo. The child labor laws weren't nearly that lax. They included the clip as an influence of mine. The Thundercats opening is absolutely one of the best openings to an animated show. That. Batman: The Animated Series. Batman Beyond. Cowboy Bebop. Archer. I think all of those have legit artistic merit to them. I'm sure there's more that I'm missing. But that's a pretty good grouping.

10. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

You must game more. Do what a friend of mine did. He got fired for gaming...

11. HarleyQuinn

Awesome. He lived the dream. Also, I agree. Tomorrow should involve a lot of sleep, but I'll see if I can't get some gaming in when I'm not doing that or eating. That sounds healthy.

12. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Nice to meet ya!

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Welcome, Harley. I'm glad you introduced yourself to us... it's about time as well - we were all wondering who this mysterious new admin was. :p

I'm a sixteen year old Polish immigrant living in the UK, "stealing jobs of hardworking Brits"... or grades, since I'm just a bit too young to fit into that stereotype yet. I love playing video games, and I probably love writing just as much. If you want to know anything else about me, then you probably will find more info around the forum. ;)

14. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Hehe I think the new anti-immigrant phase has moved on to Muslims or anyone who "looks like a Muslim" whatever that means...

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Yeah now i'm the hated one. :(

16. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

I'm Christian but since my family is from Iraq everyone thinks I'm Muslim.

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Unfortunately, not in my area, though I'm glad it's better around your place. :) Actually, well, it's not really better if it just moved onto a different group... oh screw it, better for me I meant then. I know many people are pretty hard on Muslims (usually Arabs in general whether they're religious or not) and it's probably even worse in America where you live, Thestalker. :(

18. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

On topic: welcome! Good to see a new admin here.

Off topic:

Some people are truly ignorant, however you'll find that most Americans are completely accepting of Middle Eastern immigrants. The media exaggerates (what a surprise) a lot of stories such as the Qur'an burning by that one priest, etc. It's kind of sad, living in a supposed "melting pot" where some cultures aren't accepted/embraced.

19. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

Hi Harley. nice to see/meet our new admin, and nice to see you are a lady as well. I was begining to feel isolated. just kidding, the guys treat me like one of their own, that I also am.

If you wanna know more about me, there is info in the 'You' thread and a discussion whether I was really female or not in the 'females...' thread. it was established, after a lot of debate, that yes, I am female. it was quite an amussing debate, it made me smile.

you should try to play Metro and the Stalker trilogy, I'm sure you would love them.

well, Welcome to our forum and May the Metro be Kind to you.

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, it's sad indeed. Of course, Poland is no exception. There are stereotypes and hate groups there too, just like in the UK and US. However, since Poland has a lot less immigrants, most of the hate groups aren't taken seriously by the majority of the population. Though it seems that some Poles are just as prejudiced against the Romani people as some Americans and some Brits are against Arabs. :(

Anyway, sorry for going off-topic. Off-topic discussion is something that happens a lot on our forum, Harley. Though usually it spawns interesting conversations so I hope you don't bring out the banhammer too often. :p

#20 Bamul, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013