Hello All!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Damnation13, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Damnation13

Damnation13 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey everybody, after playing both 2033 & LL twice ive decided to journey and look for more. I came accross this forum and thought its perfect! I did come accross the books and starting to read 2033 now , just wish there was more galore ! Love to find merch or collecters stuff to, and or make a ranger helmet some point. Nice to meet everyone!

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Welcome to the forum. :) We're not very active nowadays, but there are still a few dedicated members checking in almost every day.

There is actually plenty of stuff beyond the first book and two games by the way, though some of it you won't be able to enjoy in English. After 2033 Glukhovsky wrote two more books set in the world of Metro and there is also a whole "Universe" series that was started by him, which features many works of different authors - telling their own stories of what other parts of the world look like in Glukhovsky's post-apocalyptic setting. You can learn more about all of that here. Sadly, if you don't know Russian, Polish, Hungarian, German, Italian or Spanish then you won't be able to read anything other than Metro 2033 and Metro 2034.

As for merchandise and other stuff from the Metro 2033 franchise for collecting, most of that is limited to Eastern Europe (especially Russia and Poland), where you can get mugs, lighters, calendars, t-shirts, patches, hoodies, etc. Here is one Polish example. If I remember correctly, Russia, Poland and Germany got some pretty nice collector's editions of both games as well - with stuff like bags, watches, guides, art, gas masks, and so on - but I imagine most of these would be pretty expensive to get so long after release.

As for stuff that was released in English-speaking territories too, you may want to check out the board game (not quite sure where they sell it in the UK though) and the mobile game (though it doesn't look that appealing IMO and I heard that it's quite mediocre). TI'm sure there are more little goodies out there, but they're probably quite limited in number and difficult to obtain. Glukhovsky has been trying to make his franchise popular among Anglophone audiences for years, but apart from some success with the games and first book, it remains fairly unpopular outside of Russian-speaking territories and Poland. To a much lesser extent it is also has a following in a number of other countries in continental Europe, like Germany and Hungary.

If you're hungry for more Metro 2033 merch, your best bet right now would be to import it from Russia or Poland. :p Of course, you may be able to find online unofficial merch made independently by fans, such as these designs, but obviously it may not feel as authentic for collectors and it's all quite expensive.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I won the bag with the gas mask, but it never arrived in the mail. R.I.P. :sad:

Anyhow, it is with great pleasure that I welcome you to our honorary forums, Damnation! :D
    Like Bamul said, we're not many at the time, as it has been a while since the release of LL, but we're still a few people here, some of us who's been here for over four years :rolleyes:

Whatever questions you have or things you'd like to say or discussions you'd like to start, we have threads for them all, and you're welcome to make any new threads you'd like, even about stuff entirely unrelated to metro :)
    Yet if you do have questions regarding the games and/or books, I'm more than confident that we'll be able to answer them satisfyingly. (Maybe not me, but at least someone :p )

4. Damnation13

Damnation13 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hahaha thanks a lot ! Ill check thoughs things you sent me Bamul and thanks Skaara , ya i keep playing the games all the time and i feel this will be an awesome forum to be part of, one question i do have , i saw a member on the forum post a ranger helmet in the making with the card paper was always wanting to make something like that but dont know how or the process or what to use besides the fiberglass resin and such. Help with that would be good

5. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

:yo: Welcome!.....Welcome to Jurassic Park.

Nice to see a new member. I hope you enjoy your stay (yes, please stay O_O ) and don't be hesitant in posting in current and/or old threads, as well as creating new ones. We're a friendly bunch and we keep it pretty cheeki breeki around these parts of the tunnels :)