Hearthstone

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Corzett, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

You have got to be joking or just misinformed. I'm pretty sure that not only is Yu-Gi-Oh less than original itself, it doesn't exactly define the genre. If you have a problem with derivative work than most games out there must be a problem for you.

2. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've been playing the hell out of this for about a year now and I haven't gotten tired yet. It's a fun little game (addictive) and I'm glad they are making a transition to mobile. Now If only Blizzard would fix the android version so it doesn't kill my phone and lag so hard.

3. Nytegeek

Regular

I hate the way people in the gaming community think that using such a violent and negatively charged word as rape in such a casual manner is okay. You demean and devalue victims of such an act every time you toss the word "rape" around to describe such an inconsequential subject matter.

That aside, your issues with the performance of Hearthstone may have more to do with your particular device than with Hearthstone itself. Android is a Linux operating system installed on an enormous variety of devices. Optimizing a game to perform well in Android can only go so far. Add to that the fact that games are hard on battery life and processing to begin with.

4. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Well-Known Member

I can't get into it either, I don't really see the fun in it all, and card games were never a thing for me. It's like a point and click game with no thought process behind it, and I love strategy more than anything.

5. Snakevenom

Snakevenom Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a very casual game, at least for me personally. I play it while listening to podcasts or watching a youtube video (not paying much attention to either). That's how I get the most enjoyment out of it, I haven't had to put any money into it and play about 4 hours every few days or so (depending on when I feel like playing, of course).

6. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love Hearthstone great game, it is a mix of casual gaming and smei serious depending on how much you want to put into it, I just log on to do the daily goals usually and that's it.

7. Supremegg

Supremegg Member

Hearthstone is fun and it is a great thing that it is available on mobile. There are some really skilled players that are streaming it but I just do not have the time for HS lately.
    Personally, I get bored of Arena drafts - they just do not amuse me anymore, so I want to play ranked. The problem is that getting the cards for a proper deck takes FOREVER!
    I have crafted a hand lock and a decent warrior deck but it gets boring playing only 1 deck all the time. And the ammound of gold needed to unlock all Naxx cards is insane :(
    I'm currently stuck at rank 7 in ranked and I have no desire to continue. Maybe I will give arena another try.

8. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just got really into hearthstone a few weeks ago. I love it, and it's my favorite game to go mobile with (aside from pokemon). I play with a custom warrior deck a lot and I am currently building all the other classes. I just wish the dailies would reward more gold, or I wish they would offer more than one daily quest. I don't mind working for it, but I don't want to have to pay for cards to compete. :(

9. Nytegeek

Regular

I would love it if the mobile version came to my platform. I also which there were more offerings when it came to the daily quests. A a maximum of 3 with 1 new one a day seems a bit strict to me.

10. JC_224

JC_224 Active Member
    Regular

The latest news I've heard about WoW subscribers was that the total number has dropped to below 5.5 million a month. They're still making an insane amount of profit but this is the lowest number it's been in a long time.

11. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to be very much into Yu-Gi-Oh and trading card games in general so I might give this a shot while League is in preasson. I don't like the randomness aspect of card games, but they can still be competetive and fun. Here's hoping it's not too grindy!

12. Jboh

Jboh Active Member
    Regular

I've been playing Hearthstone for around 2 years now and it's great to turn on when you need something easy to wind down to at the end of a long day. I only have two issues with the game. It can take a while to get the cards you want due to how expensive some of them can be to craft. It also stings when I find out a card I want is locked behind an adventure pack. Still loads of fun though. :)

13. Brennen

Brennen Member

Honestly, Hearthstone is my favorite when it comes to a game I can just pick up for a few minutes. After creating a decent flow with the game I can pick it up anytime and takes no effort to start playing again. In my opinion, constantly reworking strategics is addicting and makes this game incredibly enjoyable.

14. 01ccook

01ccook Member
    Regular

I only started playing recently, but I am hooked! I started just after Christmas with the intention of staying a strictly f2p player, but I'm finding it hard to resist buying the expansions already. While it took me a while to get a grasp of the mechanics, now I can sign in for a quick 10 minute game or two and get loads of enjoyment. Unlike WoW, for example, where once I'm in I find it hard to leave.

15. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

Played for a year...just over it. There's so many problems that keep getting stacked on top of each other and the response to them just has not been quality. It's not a good way for me to invest my time or money anymore and the elements that made it fun are being eroded with time. I highly recommend taking your time and dollars where they are treated with a bit more respect.

16. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member
    Regular

I'm a hardcore Hearthstone player, even though I started about 4 months ago. I'm heavily invested in this game and I play a lot. I can't wait until the day I'll break through and get to the Legend rank. So far I've only been to rank 6 as my best rank.

And shame on me, I'm a secret paladin player.

17. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

You're not a secret paladin player, you're a less-think more-winner. If secret paladin gets nerfed, you won't be a secret paladin, you'll just hop ship. It's ok, lots of people go through the phase of just wanting to play what's strong, but the real fun comes when you can make builds that bother secret paladins, like this new wave of control shamans :) You never want to identify with a build, you want to identify with your skills.

18. SecretPaladin

SecretPaladin Active Member
    Regular

Actually I'm a secret paladin player because I'm still a relatively new player, and the most cost effective deck out there is secret pally easily. I don't have the cards needed for the "more-think more-win" packs such as Control Warrior or Control Priest, but oh believe me I'd love to try them.

Playing Secret Paladin is a compromise you have to do in order to win games in the current meta against people who spend a lot of cash on this game or play for longer.

19. ToneyWatermeloney

ToneyWatermeloney Active Member
    Regular

It's a fun game if you're into card/strategy games. I like how there are different cards not just in the way of ranks but in the way that there are gold cards. It adds a bit of glam to your otherwise very boring deck I suppose.

I do think the game is way more fun to play with friends than with strangers, though.

20. Nytegeek

Regular

The only way to play with friends is to use battletag. There isn't much support for being social anyway so you may as well just play with strangers or add a few after good games to your friends list for future matches.