Have you heard of Pantheon?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by thisnthat, Jun 27, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just learned about this game, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. It scheduled for some time in 2017, so it will be here sooner than some other games that are currently in development (hopefully).

It sounds like a more 'old school' style MMORPG, which sounds good to me. The focus is on making and playing with friends. I love that.

Pantheon also has a lot of fun little differences like different climates that impact your spells and things like that. Sounds cool, huh? What do you think?

2. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haven't heard of this game, but I think it's the first game that has this kind of thing about the climate having some impact on your skills, I think that's pretty cool. I will look into this game for sure.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

A friend of mine recently commented to me about this game, but until then, I had never heard of it. Seems to be na interesting game.

I'll try to play Pnatheon some day. :)

4. arachnophobik

arachnophobik Member
    Regular

I've heard about the game before and read a few articles about it. It seems like a good game, but I'm more excited for Crowfall as the vibe seems like the old school World of Warcraft. Nevertheless, Pantheon looks beautiful. Any news when will the official game be released?

thisnthat likes this.
  5. thisnthat

Regular

Hmmm, now I want to go check out Crowfall too.When is that one coming out? I think Pantheon has a bit of this vibe as well, which is why it grabbed my interest. It seems to focus on friendship building, which is kind of the idea with an MMORPG, right? ;)

I was on the Pantheon site, and I thought it said it would release this year (no specific date given). After looking over the FAQ I was wrong. It looks like they plan to be into testing this year, so maybe next year.

I'm impatient! Yet, I don't want a rushed game, so I guess I better find some patience, ha ha.

I tried to post a link, but I got a message saying I'm not allowed to do that. Just go to the site and at the bottom, you'll see a link to the FAQ if you want to read it.

6. arachnophobik

arachnophobik Member
    Regular

That's reaaaally giving me a good hype there! It's the social aspect that I mostly look for in MMOs, the feeling of being stranded somewhere and some stranger gets stranded with you and then you both try to make it out of the map alive, its precious.

Crowfall is currently still on early access, but I've heard they're having a few beta tests here and there. I headed over to the site and it says that the next test will be in July 1.

Crowfall seems to be more PvP oriented as it dubbed itself as a "throne war simulator", there's a lot of mobs too, but they're not in intance-based dungeons. Rather, the whole map is said to be crawling with mobs, but they're just there to raise the general "threat level" of the game, so I suppose their main purpose is to make it harder to do certain tasks i.e. conquering a kingdom. They said there will be a lot into the game that we may have never seen in any MMOs before.

Sadly, I have no idea when will be the official release. But the pricing is $50, buy once play forever.

thisnthat likes this.
  7. thisnthat

Regular

Yes! Your first paragraph hit me in the feels, ha ha. That's the kind of thing I want.

I like PvP, so I'm interested in finding out more about Crowfall. I'll have to hop over there and see what it's all about. I like a world that feels "dangerous." Crowfall might be another good option for me, and it sounds like it may be out sooner than Pantheon.

Oh, that's good to know. I'd rather pay up front or pay a sub than have an endless stream of cash shop junk or pay to win stuff.

Thanks!

8. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that I remember hearing something about it a while back but I cannot remember. It does sound pretty interesting though, and I have to say that name alone is intriguing.

9. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

I have not played this game but I read many articles about this game.Some of my friends also told me about amazing features in this game.I am much excited to play this game because it looks like interesting game.I think so that it will be more exciting and amazing game for me than any other games.

10. thisnthat

Regular

I like the old school style. The climate features and stuff like that also give it something new. I'm going to keep my eye on this one for sure.

No one has. It isn't out yet. It is still in development. They have been saying that alpha and beta testing will start this year, but it probably won't release until sometime next year.

11. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

@thisnthat That's why I am saying that it will be more amazing and enjoyable for me.It would be really a great and interesting game.I am waiting excitedly to play this ultimate and unique game.

12. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't really heard of the game until now.

13. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am getting it for the first time, but since the internet has made things easier for us, I will definitely go and search for it.

14. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just googled and found the game is not yet launched. It is still in pre alpha stage. But I've found out it is free and can be played to certain levels. The photos of the game really look appealing. I like it.

15. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

You have made things simpler. You have saved my time, I won't go for it when it's development is not yet complete.

16. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm glad to have done that.

I will personally be looking out for it so I can play because I'm curious about it. Incase it is finally available in the next few months, I'll give an update. But I won't wait if it will take another year in the pre alpha testing stage.