Have you ever returned to a MMORPG you quit before?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by vash, May 17, 2016.

1. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

After about a year quitting Lineage 2, I returned to it. Before I quit though, I had already played for a year. After my return, I played for just 2~3 months before got bored again. So basically once I got bored, it was pretty hard to pick the same game up and play like before. But I guess the game didn't really get much new content (well there are, but to me it's the same old stuff in different forms) did not help either. Maybe if I had quit for longer, I might play a little longer on the second try.

Have you ever returned to a MMORPG after you quit? If so, how long did you play the first time before quit? And how long did you play after your return before you quit agian?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Many times. For example, I quit League of Legends a lot of times, the game got boring with all the changes and repetitiveness, but after a couple of months I came back because I missed playing it. I've been playing it for 6 years now.

3. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

So you have been on and off many times for the same MMORPG? That hasn't happened with me... Usually when I quit it meant it was getting quite boring for me already. Even if the boring feeling had worn off after a while, it will still come back fairly quick compare to when it was still new and fresh.

How many times exactly have you quit and returned to the game? Each time after you had returned, how long do you usually last before you quit again? Are you still playing it?

4. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

It did happen to me before. I stopped playing RF online but when I had my own PC at home, I started looking for private servers since I stopped playing because the game got shut down. I have seen quite a few good servers, picked one and started playing. But since I got tired of playing because it wasn't the same as before because the community isn't that big and gaining experience wasn't too hard, I stopped playing after a few weeks. I started playing League of Legends again after 2 to 3 years of not playing it.

5. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, and some people can probably guess which one. I always return to World of Warcraft, even if I don't stay too long.

I would return for good if they were to host legacy servers. I miss the old versions of the game. I miss it from time to time, so I have to go back and check it out. I also like to see if anyone I know is still playing.

I think I might always be a fan of World of Warcraft, even if I never play it on a regular basis again.

#5 thisnthat, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

This has never happened to me with any MMORPG (Or any other type of game to be honest) becuase when I give up a game, I give up for real.

On the other hand, I've never played a MMORPG that made me give up. :D

7. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are a couple of online mmorpg in the past that I played but gave up years ago. It was simply due to there were other things going in my life and my computer was a bit slow and had problem with viruses. I never went back.

8. thisnthat

Regular

Do you mean viruses caused by games? I would definitely never go back to a MMORPG or any video game for that matter if I thought I got a virus from it.

I see some studios getting into the old style MMORPG again, and I can't wait. I can see myself playing some of these, trying others, and returning. So, I might have to add to my list here. I hope so. I'd love to have lots of good games to choose from.

9. Shine_Spirit

Regular

But in this case it's not because the game is bad or boring, but because you had a problem with your computer... Right?

10. Blader70

Regular

Yeah, that and most of the MMORPGs I was a part of, I was not really seeing too much of some good online friends.

11. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Are you still playing or giving up now? I don't remember when it was the last time I played a game in that category, haha!

12. Blader70

Regular

I given up on those two games years ago. Never went back.

13. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have played clash of clans and few other korean MMORPGs and also some of the non desktop RPGs too. And I had some good result from that. I think these are some of the good options these days that people have. I don't get much attached to this type of games these days.

14. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Are you in the rehabilitation phase or do you still want to play them again?

I don't remember any game that I gave up.

15. Blader70

Regular

Nah, I gave up on them a long time ago when I was in middle school. They are targeted for a younger audience.

16. Shine_Spirit

Regular

But do you still think that way or change your mind? I think games are ageless and fit for everyone.

thisnthat likes this.
  17. Blader70

Regular

Eh, maybe. If the games have major updates toward them or create some sort of sequel that targets an older audience.

18. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

League of legends is also good. You can return to it every now and then some of the time. So it all depends on how you're doing things. I am not sure though some people can manage things lot easier otherwise.

19. thisnthat

Regular

World of Warcraft is any easy game to put down and pick back up. You can really jump back in at any time (as long as you don't want to play competitively). There is tons of other stuff to do besides progression raiding and competitive PvP. Heck, you could have fun just exploring the huge world.

I am still anticipating another great old school MMORPG like the old World of Warcraft used to be. I'd make time to play something that good.

20. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have never done that. If I play a game too much I get bored.