Have you ever played Dishonored? What did you think about it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by ZackBanana, Oct 9, 2013.

1. ZackBanana

ZackBanana Member

Just like the title asks. Have you ever played Dishonored? Tell everyone what you thought. What was your favorite part? Did you play through it more than once? Share your experience.

As for me, I thoroughly enjoyed Dishonored. Sure, it was a bit easy at times, but it got much harder later on. I played through the game two times. The first time was just a normal playthrough. Nothing special, I didn't attempt to get any achievements, I wasn't exactly stealthy, and I certainly wasn't merciful. >: D
    I was just trying to beat the game.
    My second playthrough however, was a very focused effort. From the very beginning I was determined to remain undetected and non-lethal on every mission. This made things much more difficult, and much more interesting. It made me see the game from a completely different perspective. Gone were the days when I could just rush in and slaughter a whole room of guards. I had to be precise, deliberate. I found myself utilizing the save/load function a whole lot more than before. It was also interesting to find alternate ways to take out all the targets without killing them. In the end, I got "Ghost," "Shadow," "Clean Hands," and all the other achievements related to being generally stealthy.

If you haven't played it, I highly recommend it. Dishonored was a very immersive and engaging experience.

2. iShootRocks

iShootRocks Member

I haven't played it yet but its definitely on my must play list! It looks like such a cool stealthy game, I can't wait to play it.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never played Dishonored I usually don't play action adventure games so I never bothered trying the game.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Meh... nothing spectacular to be honest. I heard it's a stealth game but apparently nowadays that means that the only stealth feature in the game is the AI being too blind to see you standing 5m away in broad daylight. Also the combat felt very unnatural and quite boring.

The best part of the game? Some levels allowed for a lot of improvisation, especially with the teleport skill thingy. I had so much fun making my way to objective using rooftops, balconies etc.

5. ZackBanana

ZackBanana Member

When you say that the enemies don't see you, are you referring to Dishonored, or some other stealth game? Because when I played, guards would see me from almost any distance. I'd have to hide in extreme darkness to remain unseen, and even then I would have to be far away. The tallboys were the worst, they'd see me from anywhere. I'd usually have to take them out with the time warp ability.

I admit that the combat was pretty clunky, that's why I stayed away from hand-to-hand combat when I could. Also, I agree with what you said about improvisation. I remember this one time, there was a big open area and it told me that there were many different possible routes. I saw a roof that was really far away. Standing at the very edge of the building, my blink would almost reach the roof but fall just short. So I got a running start and took a leap of faith, then triggered my blink at the peak of my jump and landed successfully. It made me feel proud that I discovered an unconventional way to the roof.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was talking about dishonored. It was ridiculously easy to hide, even though I was playing on one of the harder settings. (can't remember exactly, the one between normal and the hardest one I assume) With the sneak mode I could literally go just a couple of meters next to a guard and he would not see me. It was like they had no peripheral vision at all.

I made my way through most levels without being spotted more than a couple of times. Mostly thanks to the warp thingy.

7. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played it once a while ago and I have to say that it is a pretty interesting game.