Have you ever been stung by a venomous/poisonous animal?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by fuumarumota, Jan 28, 2016.

1. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

I once was stung by a scorpion and I has to be one of the most painful moments in my life. Not to mention I ended in the hospital partially paralyzed and connected to the godamn antidote.

2. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice
    Regular

Wow, I've never had anything that bad. I've only been stung by a bee all of once, and that was when I was a child. How long did it take you to recover? How did you end up being stung in the first place?

3. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

I lived in a very warm climate semi/arid city in Mexico, where all kind of critters crawled from everywhere. I was dumb enough to walk from my room to the bathroom in bare feet, I stepped into the scorpion and boom! The good thing is that my stomp killed it... haha sweet revenge.

daredevil likes this.
  4. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

So far, I haven't. My friend's husband had a spider bite that left a hole the size of a quarter in his hand, though!

5. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh my gosh, I don't think I can live in such a place. I freak out when I see spiders, cockroaches and flies already. Haha! How do you even manage? And are scorpions really normal to see in a household there? I grew up pretty much taught that scorpions can be quite deadly.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well theoretically wasps are venomous, so that's as close as I've come to being bitten by a poisonous animal. I would love to never experience it though! :D

7. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member
    Regular

You know those mean little dudes that fly around and look menacing? The ones that don't give honey and sometimes murder bees? Yes Wasps. Those guys everyone hates. They've stung me so many times and they hurt so much! It's like they immediately tune in on me and attack.

edit: i suppose wasps aren't technically venomous or poisonous.. But on many occasion we had to squeeze out the stingers... that HAS to count...

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

Can't say that I have? Any poisonous animals that live where I am stay way away from my house. There was a brown recluse on my mosquito net when I went camping at a Girl Scout camp yeeeears ago.

I HAVE been stung by a bee before. In the bottom of the foot; it sucked.

9. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

Never severely, but there was one time as a child I was overrun by red ants while sleeping. Horribly traumatic for a while, I woke up with them everywhere and biting the hell out of me. I was sleeping on a blanket in the grass, they were nowhere around when I fell asleep. I was about 5 years old when this happened, they got all over me before I realized what was happening and they were inside my shirt/pants, etc

10. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have never really been stung or bit by anything poisonous in my life. The worst sting I've had is like from a wasp or a bee.

11. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

Spring and warm weather is coming again so people should be aware of these sneaky little creatures. However in my country there is very few poisonous animals and none of them is lethal to human.

I was once bitten by a snake cause wasn't watching where I step but lyckily it got treated quickly and there were no any harm done.

12. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I get bitten by spiders all the time at my parent's house. The bite swells up pink and white and really it's just gross I don't know why I'm even describing it. It's also pretty painful but I've gotten used to it living there all my life. Sometimes when I'm alone in my clean condo I kinda miss having insects around me just crawling everywhere. LOL

13. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

Unless we are counting bees, no. I have avoided the rest thus far. I hope it stays that way.

14. HippyZomby

HippyZomby Member
    Regular

I have some lovely scars from being bit by a hobo spider 3 times in my life. The last time I was bit, it got so badly infected they had to do surgery to remove all the dead tissue. It was so gross and hurt so bad they actually gave me morphine to dull the pain. If I would have waited like 4 more days to go to the er I would have died. They cut all the way down to my ribs I have some wicked scars

Attached Files:

15. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Member
    Regular

I live in the copperhead capital of the US and am glad i haven't been bitten by a snake. But i have been bitten by a poisonous spider. I got bit on my heel and my foot swelled up.

16. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

So you live in North Carolina? I thought you had claimed to be in Texas in another post. I think it was the one about food that you posted in a topic that was supposed to be about memes. I might have you mixed up with someone else though. I'll have to go back and check.

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

The worst I got was being stung by a bee at a young age and it was in a spot that was very difficult to comfort too and at the time no one was around to help me out so I mostly just had to ride it out. Couldn't imagine being stung by something even bigger must be terrible.

18. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

No, I haven't been stung by a venomous or other dangerous animals. I was walking one cool evening with a friend who got stung by a scorpion, I had to rush to help him and raise an alarm fo help. He was later taken to the health center for treatment.

19. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I didn't believe some geckos were poisonous until I was bitten by one. It bit my hand and two of my fingers got disfigured permanently. I still have that mark.

20. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Some years ago while I was in College one cool evening while I was just walking on the field I could feel something like a stung on my feet. It wasn't a severe pain, I took some antibiotics after that.