Quantcast

Handheld, console or PC?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Narukami, May 22, 2014.

1. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member Regular

I have a more developed dexterity using a keyboard & mouse rather than a joystick or handheld, so those two options will be left aside by me.

2. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member Regular

I prefer playing with a PC although I have thought of acquiring a Playstation 3 since nowadays they are quite cheap. Especially used ones are really dirt cheap and would be good enough for me since I don't play a lot with consoles.

3. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I definitely need a pc to enjoy my favorite open world rpgs. I love being able to enjoy the aesthetics and to immerse myself in games. PC's allow you to enhance the graphics to mind blowing heights. They also allow you to mod your games if you so choose to. That being said, I play my rpgs with my xbox controller. So I sort of like consoles? Lol.

4. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

Lately , I picked up fire emblem and Pokémon titles for the GBA , so I can say that at this very moment I prefer handhelds over table top or PC. Very convenient for those moments in which I have to wait for someone or on my way home in the bus.

5. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member Regular

When it comes to RPG I usually prefer it to be on console just so I could see the graphics and story on a bigger screen and won't have to worry about my console running low on power.

6. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member Regular

Both are okay for me. Though I prefer PCs to consoles. I don't have any clear reason for this but maybe because I am so much used to them.

7. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member Regular

PC seems to be my choice. I have a pretty much good experience with the PC based games. I am also on android and it seems to be another good platform. But so far I think PC based games seems to be good for me. I'd surely be investing into it.

8. Athanas

My little sister with consoles are inseparable.

9. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member Regular

I have both console and PC but i have more time on my pc gaming just because it's very versatile. Provided you have a good system hardware, any game can be played with a pc. Either with an emulator or System based, you can never go wrong with a pc in my opinion.

10. overcast

I think these days the mobile games are pretty much replacing the handheld. And it's lot better in terms of the money saving too. I'd definitely go for the phones with such power over the handheld.

11. Athanas

Many people have gone for consoles of late. Only a few still stick to consoles.

12. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member Regular

I personally think that the PC would be the best option.

13. overcast

Price of PC components is also going down. So there seems to be a lot of gain on that point. I'd say handheld type of consoles seems to be low in sales these days.

14. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member Regular

If it is Rpg, I go with handheld devices. It's more convenient to play Rpg in those.

15. Albert Bryant

Albert Bryant Well-Known Member Regular

PC are the best to play RPG with, Consoles are limited and expensive

16. Albert Bryant

Albert Bryant Well-Known Member Regular

I would prefer PC over console, but if you go for console then its comfortable to use!

17. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Well-Known Member Regular

I'd say I prefer PCs as well. Somehow I find the controllers on consoles hard to handle, and maybe I'm just not used to it. One thing that I like about the consoles are the exclusives like God of War and Naughty Dog games. How I wish they can port it to the PC too.

18. overcast

I have found the phone and the tablet to be better for many reasons. I have also noticed that PC can be money saver in such conditions as well.

19. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member Regular

I prefer handheld and PC. I've never used console yet.