Quantcast

Handheld, console or PC?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Narukami, May 22, 2014.

1. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I like the console ones, as it is easy to control and also you don't have the problem of the Pc heating up or glitches occuirng as much as it occurs in the PC and also more easy to handle too than the Pc. I like how, you kind of know what to do and, have more control in the game as some games are made for the console and easy to play and can remember the buttons real easily. Handhelds one are alright but the screen is small and, need to have a handheld which has a bigger screen and also worth the money too and the game needs to be a good one to play.

2. tubestud

tubestud Well-Known Member Regular

I play on PC mostly. I'm a big fan of AD&D style RPGs and I've been replaying Baldur's Gate. Recently a friend recommended me a few good JRPGs so I might buy a 3DS in the near future.

3. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

If I had the choice I would always go with a handheld. Console gaming on the TV is fine and all, but I have over protective parents that, despite my being 19 years old, refuse to let me play games they deem inappropriate. So playing them on a TV just broadcasts what I'm doing for them to see, and makes gaming difficult because I can only do it when they're not around. PC gaming is fine but I can't afford to upgrade my PC, and my current gaming laptop has been overheating a lot recently so that its hard to play any games on. Plus I hate keyboard+mouse gaming.

That's why handheld gaming is the best for me. I can play it privately without any prying eyes, and I can take it with me wherever I go. Plus I don't have to put up with difficult controls, because both the 3DS & PS Vita which I use most of the time for handheld gaming are easy to use.

4. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

Console for me, though I'm not adverse to handheld. But I don't care to play games on PC, just because it slows mine down SO horribly. :(

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

I like both PC and console. /shrugs/ I don't really mind either way. I usually play on console though, since my Pc is sort of shit.

6. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

I prefer PC to console in most cases. As for handhelds I prefer emulation on my smartphone. I have found the quality and choice to be better in both cases.

7. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

This question has been asked since the dawn of gaming but there is only one real answer: The PC master race tops all other consoles. With amazing mods, quality graphics and portability through laptops it's the only way to play e-sports on a professional level. Consoles are for casual gamers.

8. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

I see why you may be under that impression, but I know a lot of console gamers that are anything but casual about it.

9. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

I feel I have more control over my games whilst playing on the PC. sorry to you console fans out there.

10. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Definitely PC here. While I can see the fact that console RPGs are really fun to play and such, I will always stay true to my mouse and keyboard. That is the way any good RPG should be played, in my opinion.

11. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

On PC, like most games. Considering that I could use the gamepad on it if I wanted to, I see no reason to pick console versions if there is a choice.

12. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

Totally PC. I mean, I have a PS2 and an Xbox 360 but I find myself on the PC a lot more, mainly for RPG games.

13. p4lse

p4lse Active Member Regular

While most people tend to play RPG's on hand-helds, I guess I'm the type of person who would love to play it in a Personal Computer a.k.a PC. It just gives this completely unique experience where you have so much accessibility to control the characters and move around.

14. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member Regular

My choice lately has been handheld, specifically the PS Vita. So many JRPG, and most of them will be at least a 30 hours commitment. I can't imagine myself sitting at a computer for hours on end grinding, but if I'm in bed ? Sure, I can take the Vita out and play for a few minutes. Of course then it turns to hours and I can't get any sleep at all. But for me, it's the convenience of playing in small chunks that makes me appreciate the handheld.

15. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member Regular

Definitely PC. You can't beat the mods you get.

16. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I've had fun with handheld but not as much as I did with consoles and PC. There are some action based RPGs which I can play on a console like Skyrim or Fallout, but some other like Mass Effect or Dragon Age I prefer to play on PC. Truth be told, I prefer gaming on a PC and some games I can't play on a console, but there are some RPGs in particular I don't mind playing on a console if I really have to.

17. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

PC first for me. Especially for RPGs. I play a lot of Infinity Engine games like Baldur's Gate so I need mouse and keyboard. :D

18. Bannon

Bannon Active Member Regular

A tie between PCs and handhelds/mobile. I love having a grand RPG adventure where I can sink into it undisturbed for hours but at the same time, taking the story on-the-go on the commute home or when traveling.

19. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member Regular

PC is the way to go IMO. Console
    rpgs for me have been more wonky and harder to control and access all the various menus. Having the full keyboard and the precisity of a mouse really helps. But, it's a preference and to each his own.

20. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member Regular

Yes, it's great having those pick-up-and-play moments with the handhelds. That's why my Vita has been seeing much more used than my PC (which is slowly becoming the Warband machine lol), and with so many JRPGs coming out for Vita, that won't change anytime soon.