Hallo from norway :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GrinderX9, Apr 4, 2013.

1. GrinderX9

GrinderX9 Active Member

Hi every one :)

I have lurkt on this forum for some time, I as the relese is getting closer, I thought it was time to say hello, or rather Hallo.

Im a 29 year old norwegian, and have been a gamer sins 1991, when I got my first console, Sega mega drive. I have enjoed lots of good games, and some great ones. From Tie fighter, IL2 sturmovik, Wolf 3d to crysis, commander & conquer, gothic 2, baldurs gate, fallout 1-3 and so on. ahh, many great gaming memories :)

But as time goes, real life takes up more and more time, job, whife, family, friends. All good things, but my gaming life suffers ;) . So its much longer between I stumbels over realy great games, and even more seldom that I got the time to play them.

In 2009... I think. I did see for the first time, a video of metro 2033. I found it extremely intresting the first time. It was the post apocalyptic setting, and the nazis in the russian metro. what was this strange game? Could it be a alternativ history game, where ww2 whent on for longer, and in the end destroyd the earth in nuclear war? I was wrong in this, but the game was 10 times better then I could posible hope for. I find no flaws in it. Extremly intresting setting, creepy (in a good way) atmophere, beautiful graphics, and very sattefying shooting (I have never understood the critic against the shooting in metro, that many players and reviewers have). I have finnisht metro 3 times, and are doing a 4 know before last light.

In my eyes, Metro 2033 are the best fps I have ever played. And stands proudly together whit the best games ever created, in my not so humble opinion :p

And sorry for my bad english, I know its readable, but my gramar suck big time. Thas because I am dyslexic, and writing in my own language is hard, english is Realy hard :p

So that is me :)

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

I love your enthusiasm about the game, and your grammar is very good, surprisingly good. I only found a few flaws, nothing serious. Your English is absolutely readable, no doubt. Very impressive writing skills you have there concidering your dyslexia, I didn't even know that was possible :)

Uansett, heisann og velkommen til forumet vĂ¥res! :D

3. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Fuck yeah more scandinavians! :D
    I really hope you get comfortable on our beloved forum.
    I can only wonder why I'm the only Dane to show up here, maybe the rest are drunk xD

4. GrinderX9

GrinderX9 Active Member

Thanks for the velcomes, good to see there are scandinavians here :)

It's my impresion that us northern europeans have a partikular liking for the eastern european games :)

Whitcher, IL2, Rise of flight, Metro, Stalker, world of tanks, just to name a few. Great things coming from the east :)

5. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Greetings from seemingly the only Canadian here! Welcome to the forums!

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

If you like space sims I recomend the game that will change the world forever. Star citizen.
    oh and hallo :)

7. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Hello good sir hope you enjoy your stay ;)

8. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Did you know the Kingdom of Norway is/was the most democratic country in the world, with the Democratic Republic of North Korea being last.

9. GrinderX9

GrinderX9 Active Member

I do indeed have my eyes on star citizen :) . Have you tried the good old Freespace 1 & 2? greatest space sims so far :)

10. GrinderX9

GrinderX9 Active Member

I did indeed know that ;) . Its also funny that the most democratic country on earth has a non elected head of state, the king :)

11. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hi there, mate.

12. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

NIce to see ye, fellow scandinavian.

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Welcome to the forum. Your grammar is fine - it's even great for someone with dyslexia. I'll even say you write better than some of the native English speakers on this forum. ;)
    As an Eastern European (Polish), I feel kinda outnumbered here. :lol: I think we have only one other fairly active Eastern European on the forum at the moment (from Russia) and we had another Russian quite active in the earlier days of the forum, but I can't remember meeting any others and I don't remember seeing another Pole. It's a shame, since they're probably all on the official forums for the book series. It would be nice to see more of them on here, since this is the best international forum for Metro that I can think of.

14. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

welcome fellow citizen and may the metro be kind to you.