Guild Wars 2 Podcast by Arken & Lashen | Suggest a podcast name, win $10!

Discussion in 'MMORPG Forums - Site News' started by Lashen, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Lashen

Lashen New Member

I'm pleased to present our first podcast by Arken and Lashen. I apologise in advance for occasional pops / cracks in the audio, we've fixed the issue for next week's podcast.

We have a competition for this podcast, suggest a name for our podcast series and we'll pick a winner who will receive a $10 gift card from a store of their choice (they must sell virtual gift cards), and we'll dedicate 5 minutes of our next podcast to a Guild Wars 2 topic of their choice.

[youtube]_qOZZyQUjak[/youtube]

Today we're starting off on a discussion about ArenaNet taking the axe to the holy trinity, what the replacement is and the good and bad involved. Then moving onto subjects such as ideas and balance concerns in World vs World, the art style and flow of the game as well as ArenaNet's recently announced animation cancelling and blending.

Next week we'll be taking a look at some subjects such as team compositions within structured PvP, speculation into high level equipment and PvE dungeon concerns.

If you have any feedback, we'd love to hear it. Don't forget to subscribe as this will be a weekly podcast and the numbers boost our egos.

1 person likes this.
  2. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

I've fixed the video for you. Enjoyed the podcast. :)

3. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

not bad... suggest a more depth overview at the start. I know we are focused closely on the trinty in episode 1 but it would be cool to put a few more milestones in there to break up the topics.

just my opinion. nice job and let us know when you get more up.

1 person likes this.
  4. Lashen

Lashen New Member

Appreciated, thanks!

Alright, thanks for the feedback. It's a weekly podcast so another will be up next week at a similar time :)

5. Microasian

Microasian Asian Power

What subject you planning to do it on?

6. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt Member

I've seen this posted on some other forums & social sites, seems like you've already gotten a lot of good feedback. Are you still looking for a name? What are some of the names your looking at to consider? Also ignore the haters, a lot of people are quick to put you down.

7. Lashen

Lashen New Member

I'll let you know when we've discussed it a bit further, but from the Reddit post I did I mentioned a few things in my notes for possible topics:

Code:
    1) Griefers vs ArenaNet - the development approach is "always be glad when you come across somebody else" so we can take a look at griefing methods both old and unique to Gw2 which might ruin that ideal and whether ArenaNet will punish or develop around it bringing up examples from past games.

2) Structured PvP team compositions - why being flexible in what classes and weapon sets will be important and how being known for running a particular setup can put you at a big disadvantage. We can also look back on why Guild wars didn't become the eSport ArenaNet want Guild wars 2 to become and where we think it might struggle.

3) Aimed projectiles, homing projectiles and targeted attacks - seems to be some confusion in this area as to how projectiles will work such as projectile z-axis and how the dodge system interacts with projectiles. Speculation on cross terrain combat (attacking somebody under water from on land).
    This is not an exhaustive list and not what will definitely appear in future videos but we do want unique content and we'll continue to work towards that wherever possible.
    We are still looking for a name yes, it should be somewhat related to either us or Guild wars 2. We haven't made a short list of names yet, we're waiting a bit longer - feel free to throw a few suggestions our way. As for haters, this is the internet. For every fan you get, 3 haters follow and it's nothing unexpected. Thank you though. :)

8. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

I gotta say, I enjoyed listening to you two talk. I liked how you both didnt go on about personal bs for 10 mins, like most other podcasts. I do not care about your cat, or what you had for lunch, just talk about the subject please!

As far as a name... no idea... almost everything cool has been done before. Gratz to whomever wins it...

Ok, sure I'll shoot... How about Divinity's Cast?

and for a topic, racial powers and attributes.

9. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt Member

I can't think of anything that hasn't been said, but when you make a list of the names your thinking about - then it'll be easier to help out. :]

1 person likes this.
  10. vVv Rinzler

vVv Rinzler New Member

Cajun Sunrise? Lol.

11. Suendaddy

Suendaddy New Member

reklama swietlna katowice tablice reklamowe katowice

Hello my loved unitary! I entreat to disorganize in that this article is astonishing, unsettled written and comprise in all directions from all hand down a judgement infos. I would like to bon voyage a take to again posts like this .