Guild Wars 2 Cheats and Bots

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by guildwarrior, Jul 9, 2012.

1. guildwarrior

guildwarrior New Member

Anyone know how they are going to stop malicious things for guild wars 2? I have already seen a few sites here and there about things. If you look on youtube or google you see sites like Taultunleashed(Link Removed) and MMOViper (Link Removed) showing gw2 cheats and bots. Will they have something like world of warcraft's warden system to detect people? Are people going to be banned right away on the first offense (to help stop further cheating), or are they going to be more relaxed. Personally i hope they are extremely active in banning people.

2. andy103

andy103 Active Member

So far I haven't seen too big of a problem with botting or cheats personally. However more when the game had first come out I occasionally got emails from people selling gold etc... It seems like I see that less and less so whatever they are doing it seems like it might be working on getting rid of malicious things.

3. Lodismel

Lodismel Well-Known Member

Just as an update to this, since the thread is pretty old, the bots really aren't much of a problem anymore. I don't ever see bots. I remember back in the day I would see them everywhere. What was always funny is seeing the naked Ranger groups running around.

4. DarkIncred

DarkIncred New Member

Yep in Frostgorge sound and wayfarer foothills always ;) Too bad there are still bug abusers around to influence the market.

5. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I don't think they affect anything really. If they don't touch the part of Gold in the game, and they don't do any PVP advantage hack kind of thing, they aren't even going to be any harmful to the game because it's completely and utterly useless, what would they bot for and what would they cheat on?

6. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Really? I didn't think Guild Wars 2 have much bots really.

7. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Why have you dragged up a year-old thread? o_O

8. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I thought it was interesting.. I have free will, you can't tell me what to do or not to do.