Great game

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by Brem, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Brem

Brem Active Member

I'm glad I picked this one up today for free. I love how all of these good games seem to go free-to-play at some point in time. I've been playing it for a few days now, it actually got me back into PC gaming since my PC was shot a while ago and when I finally got it repaired I just didn't feel like PC gaming. Now I'm back.

Anyone else here been playing it? I'm sure there's a few people still playing it right now. I can't seem to get enough of it lately. Since it's free, it's worth picking up. So go do it. ;)

2. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

I might give it a shot, it does look pretty good and since it's free its another one to add to my collection ;) I've not been a fan of other star wars games so I'm a little pessimistic, but we'll see...

3. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

You don't really have to be a fan of the star wars games to enjoy this. I hardly knew anything about star wars when I downloaded this, and I know a lot more now about it through the game. It's great fun to play, really addictive :)

4. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

I'm downloading it right this moment. I'm trying to get a friend to come join me but he's always wanting to go on WOW. What's the world like compared to the likes of WOW/Rift? I think the sci-fi scenery will be really interesting.

5. ludie

ludie Member

me also going to download it very soon......awesome game

6. Walleye

Walleye Member

I have this one and enjoy it greatly. The graphics are nice and the ui is fairly simple for even a new player. I have been a starwars fan since the original movie (episode 4 the original release). So once it was free it was a no brainer for me to get. Whether you are a star wars fan or not it is a good game and free to play so check it out.

7. pnutdancer

pnutdancer Member

I played it for a while back before it went Free to Play. Raiding was fun, and a few fights were really complex! I ultimately dropped the game because my guild died, and there were no new raids for a long while. I think there's a couple since then, but it was over a year ago that I quit, and 6 months is a bit long to farm a single raid if that's all they released. Overall, though, great game. Escaping maps by means of mountains and trick jumps was lots of fun, too.

8. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

While the game as a whole is very well designed and looks really beautiful, the free to play model is really bad. You are severely limited if you are a free player and I would recommend playing this game only with a subscription. But agreed, the game is very good and it has trademark Bioware touches all over it.

tinybutnotfangless likes this.
  9. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I bought SWTOR when it first came out and played it for about two months. Like Chris_A mentioned, it's a beautiful game with gorgeous worlds and a nice real role playing touch (choosing how to respond and gaining dark or light points), but the game felt like a single player game stuck into a multiplayer game environment.

After I stopped, I went back into it when it was F2P, but the whole system in-game and out of game felt so confusing. They took a simple premise and made it into a confusing bait-you-in to play free, then subscribe with......

No.

Bioware was a REALLY good company. I loved their games, up until this point. It really is sad to see such a game with lots of potential end up the way it is. For some whom are to cheap to pay a subscription or has some odd twisted ethical reason against paying a subscription, this may work for them or go back to Maple Story and the hundreds of other cookie cutter MMO games. For now, I'm not going to bother with SWTOR until something better comes along. Maybe Bioware can figure something else out for the SW universe that isn't so screwed up.

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

It's a great game but the problem is with the whole game is level 30+. It becomes a drag and it's really annyoing compared to the earlier parts of the game. If the F2p was a bit more fair and I could get more PVP time per week I might go back. Unless that happens though. Nope.