Graphics/performance troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Danny17, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Danny17

Danny17 New Member

Hi all, I'm new here, so let me know if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I installed Metro LL for the first time today, and I'm having graphics issues.

First off, the screen flashes constantly (~2 flashes per second) anywhere, even in menus, until I change the quality from the quality I launched with. For example, the game defaulted to "Very High" and the flashing occurred, but when I went down to "High" it was fixed. Relaunching the game, the flashing happened again, but when I went to "Very High" it was fixed.

Secondly, the frame rate is really low. On max settings (bumping down AF or AA doesn't help) I'm getting 15fps in the armory tutorial at the beginning of the campaign. I know that this is a very stressful game, but my system should be getting at least 30 fps minimum.

Any advice for solving these problems? Thanks in advance :)

System:
    Intel i7-4770k @4.0GHz
    24GB Corsair RAM
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF

2. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Active Member

That spec should easily be able to handle the game. Upon doing a quick check though it seems certain Nvidia drivers (or driver installs) may be having problems with the game.

It could take some trial and error testing sampling various Nvidia drivers until you get the right one, but do a thorough uninstall of the previous driver first, at the very least via Nvidia's own Perform Clean Install option. There are however tools like Driver Sweeper that are designed to remove traces left over from the previous driver.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

http://steamcommunity.com/app/43160/discussions/0/846954921952329174/

On the off chance it's not the driver, you might want to try reinstalling the game.

3. someguy_123

someguy_123 Member

It's a common bug, I had it as well, and I'm on AMD hardware. It fixed its self but will recur if you change displays ( TVs / monitors)

If, when you launch the game, the logo seams to come at you in slow motion, then it's going to happen. Quickly Alt Tab out of the game, and go back in works for me every time.

4. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

The driver suggestion is all that I can think of. I ran the game at max settings other than SSAA/MSAA (or whatever it's called) and got pretty smooth framerates (40-60 average) on a 660 ti, so your 780 definitely should be more than capable of handling things.