Got a question for the 4A Development team? Ask here!

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by THQvagrantscout, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

1) Will the pace of the gameplay be reduced to a realistic Metro 2033 standard?

2) Will the hitmarkers & damage indicators be removed?

3) Will the ugly HUD be changed and/or customizeable?

4) Will there be an option to completely remove the HUD, like in Metro 2033?

5) Will the UI be modified to suit the setting of the game?

6) Will the icons for different actions be modified to be smaller and less "in-your-face"?

7) Will Artyom actually attach new filters to his gas mask and not smash them into his face like a gormless idiot (which he does, as is shown in the interview with Game Reactor)?

#301 Bamul, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
  2. JigMcGalliger

JigMcGalliger Active Member
    Regular

"Artyom does cast a shadow in Metro Last Light."
    While that's a good addition the real question lingers ever still. From what I could tell on the demo the answer is no.
    Will you be able to see Artyom's legs?

I know there are newly styled mutants in MLL, a Nosalis variant called "Rhino", do we ever encounter any of the older style mutant variants (the same models and/or textures used in 2033) like the original Lurkers, Watchers, Amoebas (ew), Nosalis?

"The Volt Driver is not in the game at the moment."
    Is this a possible DLC add-on?

3. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Artyom did cast a shadow in the Genesis trailer while walking through the flooded tunnel
    So I think we'll be fine... Unless 4A screws us over.

4. JigMcGalliger

Regular

THQvagrantscout confirmed not long ago that Artyom now casts a shadow (meaning in MLL not M2033) with the improved lighting system. The showing of his legs is a bigger question, as most FPS exclude a feature like this, I understand it is a difficult animation to engineer well in first person perspective. L4D1 had legs shown if you look down, L4D2 removed it, I believe it ate a lot of processing power and is not shown often in a game that does not include cover vaulting or prone stances.

For a team as small as 4A there is an expected lack of quality control (as was the flawed masterpiece of 2033) but they still produce AAA campaign as good as the rest of them with a fraction of the 'man power.' 4A is not out to 'screw us over,' hence the extra year and massive reinvestment of their flagship title by THQ.

#304 JigMcGalliger, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  5. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

What are the chances of Metro: Last Light (or even Metro 2033) getting a gamer-friendly DRM-free release on GoodOldGames.com?

6. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Will guns sway whilst Arytom is running, walking or jumping? In 2033 it had the same posture which for a modern game is very odd.

7. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

I noticed MSAA in Metro 2033 is broken and analytical AA is enabled instead. You can tell because it blurs textures. Will this be changed for Last Light?

Will genuine MSAA be enabled for Last Light?

#307 Thane, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  8. JigMcGalliger

Regular

Does any know if 4A games will support the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset?

I have heard nothing to support that claim but Metro is the perfect game for such an accessory.

On a side note... Sometime in the past month the content about the developer and their engine technologies at 4a-games.com was completely removed and now only redirects you to enterthemetro.com, any reason why?

Removing the developers website just a few months before their flagship title releases seems like a bad move.

9. JigMcGalliger

Regular

So there are no longer any answers the questions posted here I guess, since there is no more THQ.

10. SirProudNoob

SirProudNoob New Member

lol...

Anyway, how do I actually buy the OST. I have the soundtrack from youtube, but I really want a CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.