Got a question for the 4A Development team? Ask here!

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by THQvagrantscout, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord New Member

Is M:LL going to have regenerating health just as in 2033?,
    because in a game that is so oppressive and strict on resources it undermined that "hard-core" feel when the game automatically gave you hp back just for sitting around doing nothing.

Also if it didn't have it wouldn't (or say if it was completely optional) it would encourage exploration all the more (because health-kits would be very important) + if you get into one of those dangerous moments where you lost too much health in the last fight and now have to be extra careful & tactical, then the "money-bullets" would be all the more useful as a mechanic in the next extremely tense enemy-encounter.

2. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Can we drive carts?

4. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Has THQ no money anymore to provide us answers, last time was 2 months ago

5. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I asked joe. The devs are finshing up the game so they wont reply lol

6. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

7. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Hi Joe,

How closely are you working with NVIDIA and AMD to ensure that drivers will be utalising our hardware properly (including xfire and sli profiles) from day 1 of release?

8. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Will the game feature directx 11.1 support. (even though win 8 suckz)

9. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

10. THQvagrantscout

THQvagrantscout Well-Known Member

I will not respond to any questions regarding the financial speculation about THQ as I don't have all the numbers and I am not privy to those high-level executive discussions. However, I have been assured that Metro: Last Light will not be impacted at all.

March 2013 has been the internal target date for release for more than a year now, no delay in release is imminent.

I haven't been able to provide additional answer sets until today (Dec 4, 2012) as the development team had been tasked with optimization and code tweaks the past couple months and that takes priority in order to keep the strict timeline we have leading up to release. However, I do have some answers lined up for release over the next couple weeks.

11. THQvagrantscout

THQvagrantscout Well-Known Member

SUBMISSION NOTE 12/04/2012:

All of the questions above this post have been submitted to the development team for response. Please note that not all questions will receive attention and duplicate questions will be answered citing the member posting the question first in chronological order.

Joe @ THQ

12. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

We've had many stealth games released recently like Far Cry 3, Dishonored, Hitman Absolution all which allow you to throw away corpses to avoid altering the enemy. Will Metro Last Light allow you to throw or hide away corpses to?

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm not sure if any of this has already been asked, but here it goes anyway:

1) Will female characters play more important roles in the story of the game? In Metro 2033, most female NPCs were seen looking after children, preparing food or just doing any other ordinary every-day actions like most other non-playable characters. It would be really nice to see some female characters carrying weapons as guards on different stations; even better: a female companion who can fight and plays a significant part in the plot of Last Light. If any of these has been put in the game (or is going to be included at a later stage in development), then I would really like to know. I don't want any spoilers, so I will gladly accept a simple "yes" or "no". :)

2) Will Metro: Last Light allow players to change the field of view settings in the options menu of the game? As you know, Metro 2033 had a quite small FOV (it looked good on the console version, but did not suit the PC version where the player sits closer to the screen). Although it is possible to quite easily change the FOV through the game's .ini settings, this does not always work & look as well as it could. Besides, many people were unaware that the FOV of the game could be changed. Including this as an option in the game's menu would be great.

3) Once again, this could be very spoiler-heavy, so a simple yes or no will do: will the Dark Ones appear in the game (in any shape or form), be mentioned in conversations or be connected to the game's plot? If any of these are true, please tell us.

4) Will the player be able to purchase and/or find different gas masks in Last Light? With different visors that affect the first person perspective accordingly, different extents of durability etc.

5) Will we see more levels in Last Light that allow the amazing open-ended gameplay of the "Frontline" mission in Metro: 2033? This was something that appealed to many players (including myself) in the original game. I'm aware that, in a story-heavy series like Metro, some sections must be very linear in order to push the narrative along in the right direction - but many people would love to see more non-linear, larger and open-ended sections of gameplay like in Frontline.

6) Will the new digital watch of Metro: Last Light be available as an option in one of the in-game shops, to be purchased for bullets, or will we start the game already with it as part of Artyom's advanced ranger equipment?

7) Will the player be allowed more freedom in the graphics options of Metro: Last Light than there was in Metro: 2033? Such as being able to turn off individual settings without having to change everything to a lower set of graphics settings? Look at the visual "options" in the launcher of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, to see what I mean exactly.

8) Will there be a V-Sync for the PC version of Metro: Last Light? There was some very slight screen-tearing in Metro 2033 on the PC and it would be awesome if that minor annoyance could be corrected in the sequel.

9) As you may know, the PlayStation 3 is capable of better graphics than the Xbox 360 (but still quite low when compared to high-end computers) but it is harder to develop games for Sony's console. Assuming you have the experience, development time and additional resources required, perhaps the PS3 version of Metro: Last Light could be developed further to the extent of the console's own hardware capabilities, as opposed to that of the Xbox 360 (which is how most multi-platform games are made). Also, the huge size of the Blu-ray format allows for a lot more higher-resolution textures than what we can achieve on Microsoft's console, as was seen in God of War III or the PS3 version of BioShock. So, my question is this: will you take your time with the PS3 version to make it as good as you can and with the best graphics available on Sony's console, or will it be just a simple port with the graphics of an Xbox 360 title?

10) Will the player be able to see Artyom's feet when looking down at the ground from the first-person perspective? I know that this is something you have been asked by an editor of IGN before and the answer was "no" back then, but have you added it since then or are you planning to?

14. neverman

neverman New Member

hi thereļ¼
    I've been playing 2033 on a 3d projector with 3dplay.And then I know how beautiful a game can get when 3d is in mind. My question is:

Will last light support Oculus rift? That would be a dream comes true !

15. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Will Metro Last Light support Logitech G series gaming boards which allow Apps to show information about the game on the gameboard's LCD.

For example for LL it may show:
    1. Current Mission
    2. Number of minutes left in filter
    3. Number of Filters etc

16. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Spotted by member "aaronpoitras". In the Genesis trailer at 1:31-1:33 the female character's hand is clipping into the gun.

Will these bugs be fixed for the final release?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#296 majnu, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
  17. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Q1: In a recent Game Reactor TV interview I noticed intrusive hitmarkers popping up on the HUD. These can be switched off, yes?
    Q2: Can the size of HUD icons be adjusted as well?

18. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Please answer cerebuerus comment as soon as possible. Also a demo of the first level or somethong would be apricated. Were all consonernd for the gamplay. And a demo would allow is to al calm down over it.

19. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

1 the new limited edition has been announced. First of all joe you said this was fake please explain. Number dos it includes the new ranger mode and extra guns. Does this mean more stupid on disc dlc?
    Why did you include extra mgrs if we made it clear we dont want one?

20. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Why are the fans getting buttfucked with that limited edition shit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.