Good resources for a new player?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter' started by ISKMogul, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

I just started playing Neverwinter out of curiosity, and I'm feeling a bit lost. Are there any good resources for new players that explain all the different mechanics and gameplay modes and such? I find myself just doing quests, but not sure where to aim my goals as a player to progress toward.

I've been perusing the wiki to learn the basic controls but wonder if there is something a bit easier to navigate.

2. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Here's two links to get you running:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/...f-i-wish-i-knew-before-i-learned-the-hard-way

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9435163-neverwinter:-strongholds-developer-blog-hub

You could also try reddit.com/r/neverwinter

Best of luck to you!

3. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll read through this and see what's there. Now if only the issue with crashing since the Strongholds patch would get fixed and I could play more often.

4. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I think you can only get them on the website guides for beginners on Neverwinter, it's not too hard to be honest because as you're playing you're also learning, Neverwinter is not such a hard game to play.​

5. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

You will learn everything you need to know about the game as you play along. The game has a really low learning curve, to be honest. Each area you go to, has a set of quests, culminating in a mini boss fight. Each area also has a Skirmish and a Dungeon, which contain big bosses which drop good loot. Those can be completed only with a group. That is all, basically. Each area is like that.

6. coolyfrost

coolyfrost Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to play Neverwinter a couple of years ago and the resources that flickerthestar sent you should be more than enough to get you going. Neverwinter is actually a pretty straightforward MMO that is not very hard to get into, which was one of the more appealing factors for me.

7. Rodrigo Menezes

Regular

I just started playing this game and I am starting to really enjoy it. Now, thanks to this article tips, I can get better at it.
    Thank you very much.