Quantcast

Good or Evil?

Discussion in 'Fable' started by lord1027, Dec 19, 2013.

1. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

All fable games had this option to play the game as Good or Evil (or neutral). How did you finish the game, as a devil or as an angel? :) I played all games both ways, just to fully "explore" them.

2. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

I'd probably go for Good. But the sad thing is, I always end up Evil. Then I try to go back to Good and waste lots of stuff doing so. I guess I should just stick with Evil then and grow devil horns.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I usually play the game over more then once, but usually I go for the evil or sometimes neutral, but I never be a goodie goodie.

4. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

At first, I chose evil. Then I moved to Good, just to complete the game in every possible way.​

5. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou Well-Known Member

I always choose Good in games that let me pick (at least for the first playthrough). The problem with Fable is that you get punished for being good lol. At least in Fable 3, you get a pretty ridiculous ending if you decided to be good and help everyone.

6. RMCMage

I am kind of the opposite I choose more evil side just because in most RPG games you are forced to be good all the time.

7. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Fable is the only game in which I've found that being "Evil" is actually easier than being "Good".

8. RMCMage

That might be true the only other game that I can think about when you had a choice was in champions return to arms and in that game both paths are almost the same only the final boss and the good boss was tough it took me a few try's to put him down that was some good times.

9. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

I did evil. The characters weren't really written in a way that made them sympathetic so I decided to mess around a bit. Bioware and Obsidian games on the other hand, I can't do evil. I just feel too terrible.

10. AnotherEmpty

AnotherEmpty Member

One of the bigger disappointments to me in Fable (and what seems to happen in most games with these types of decisions, like Fallout) is that choosing between the two does not really change all that much about the game. I did a play through as generally neutral. One as slightly good. One as the epitome of good. One time as the epitome of evil. This I did in both Fable and Fable 3 (Fable 2 I played through twice, I got it a little late and basically played it through then started 3). I never got the feeling that there was that much of a change and was always mildly disappointed (especially in Fable 1!) that such an excellent dynamic (that was copied so, so much!) never got off the ground.

11. RMCMage

True, but the one cool factor in Fable that I liked is when you go an evil approach your appearance changes and people start to fear you which is worth it even though the story doesn't change much.

12. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member Regular

Sometimes I go with my gut, but more often than not that ends up being good.

13. AnotherEmpty

AnotherEmpty Member

When people flee that was always a powerful, if silly, feeling.

14. Jordanoyo

Jordanoyo Active Member

Usually when I play video games that gives you the choice to play a good or evil main character I usually play the good guy, but for the Fable series I almost always play the villain and I just love it.

15. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Well-Known Member

i always go good in games that give you a choice for either. i just feel so bad even if it is a video game. i guess im a wimp but its just more rewarding to go for good :)

16. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

I started trying to be evil but I ended donating so much gold to the treasury at the end of Fable 3 that my good disposition was completely maxed out.

17. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 Well-Known Member

I always chose evil in the Fable games. It's so much more fun being bad in these games. It was pretty sweet having your appearance change based on your choices as well.

18. rachael

rachael Active Member

I take turns each playthrough, I'll be good one game and bad the next. But I find myself going good more, especially in F2 & 3, since the physical changes are no where near as severe as they were in the original. In the original your whole appearance drastically changes, from the colour of your skin, to the giant ass horns protruding from your forehead, I LOVED that, but it's not quite as good as that anymore, so I just go good for all the love and accolades I get from the townsfolk.

19. UObeki1

UObeki1 Member

I played Fable and tried to make as many good decisions as possible but for the greater god i made decisions that didnt make everyone happy. Getting to make these decisions is pretty much what makes this game good to me.

20. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

The most recent time I played Fable, I believe I played it with a character that leaned more towards evil but had good qualities. I wouldn't call him neutral though, he still did quite a few bad things, but nothing that would quite be considered heinous. No, I think I made a slightly evil anti-hero if anything.