Quantcast

Good/Bad?

Discussion in 'Mass Effect' started by lex321, Sep 27, 2014.

1. lex321

lex321 Active Member

What's your opinion on the Mass Effect series? I might get it depending on what you say.

2. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

Firstly, you should watch game play videos and read the game reviews from IGN and Gamespot. Secondly, as with many epic games, it has its downfalls, but in my opinion, the downfalls are insignificant compared to the series and the individual stories and game play each game has to offer. I love the fact that you can import your character from one game to the next, so there is some sort of continuity.

The visuals in ME3 are simply amazing. The scale of the world to you is apparent and not like you're stuck in a cave or room all of the time and just wondering about things. The game is fun and multiplayer wasn't bad either.

3. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member Regular

In my opinion the graphics gets way better upon the series. In addition, I believe the game engine was modded or changed at some point since I felt the game play experience got a lot better in the third Fallout.

4. Nolan Watt

Nolan Watt Well-Known Member

I love the Mass Effects series. But, that being said, you should check out some demo footage and maybe look around for the lore to make sure that you are interested in it before investing your time and money.

5. Rado.ko

Rado.ko Member

If you like action games with a great story and major decision-making, get Mass Effect. The first game has more RPG elements, second and third are more action oriented. Nevertheless, all of them are great. The story and characted development and interaction are incredible. It's a sci - fi setting and the action takes place in space and various planets and galaxies, so keep that in mind. If you prefer a fantasy setting - try something else.

6. bavinnie

bavinnie Active Member

I loved all 3 games, all though going back to 1 after played 2 and 3 is a bit of a drag at times due to some of the major quality of life changes they made that are just not in number 1, which was a more oriented to the actual RPG elements than the sequels. But bottom line is this - if you are on this forum, you will most likely enjoy the ME series quite a bit

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

Mass Effect is a future classic that will be remembered in video game history and you should definitely not miss out on it. Bioware created characters worth caring about , beautiful and dangerous worlds and put you in the position of making life altering decisions that can break your heart. Another cool thing is that you're not stuck on one planet. This game franchise lets you travel around the galaxy.

8. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

Love all of the games. Love the characters. Just an amazing series. However, keep in mind that the story is the main draw of the series. If you prefer more action-oriented games, you may not like Mass Effect.

9. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

First game was pretty awesome side from the clunky inventory and Mako while the second had a few bumps but came out pretty will. The last game....3/4 was pretty damn good, but the last part just sent everything to hell and made you feel like you wasted your time playing the game. At least, that was how I felt going through the Trilogy.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

The franchise is a classic, certainly one that I had a lot of fun playing it. It'll probably be remembered as a good series, honestly I think it could've been more than it was but it's still pretty good.

11. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

The Mass Effect series is a definitive must-play for any RPG fan or gamer in general. It has its flaws, mostly talking about Mass Effect 3 here, but that should not make you not want to play the game. I would say, pick the series up at an offer or sale and have at least 80 hours of fun with it. And also, Part 4 is coming out soon, so why not pick up on the lore while you wait for it? :D

12. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

I only played the second one and it was a quite decent game. Worth it if you don't mind squad based RPG gameplay. These are also story driven games, don't expect amazing action or anything.

13. Chris_A

You should definitely play the first and third ones as well. The first one for continuity reasons and the third one for closure on the series. Just make sure that you will play the third one with the enhanced ending mod, else you will really miss out.

14. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

The same opinion I have of the Watchmen comic books. As much as I love those and as much as I feel like the end makes sense in a certain way, it's just not satisfactory to me. I like how Watchmen had the opportunity to correct this on the big screen and I like the movie ending of it a lot more. Maybe there'll eventually be a remake where they'll correct the mistakes?

15. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

If I do end up playing another one, it's likely going to be ME 1 since I've heard it's more like a true RPG. ME 3 doesn't seem interesting to me at all.

16. Chris_A

I know what you mean, because many people have said that part 3 was the weakest of them all. I kind of like it, though. And the thing is, if you play ME 1 and 2, but don`t touch the third one, you will miss out on the conclusion to the whole story. ME is a trilogy and the story is set up that way.

17. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member Regular

Never count on us giving you an answer... I think you should only watch reviews on Youtube and/or walkthroughs in order to shape a conclusive decision. :D