Games Start Moral Glitch

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by JustinWillPownU, May 23, 2014.

1. JustinWillPownU

JustinWillPownU New Member

So, I had just beat Metro 2033 and I decided not to destroy the Dark Ones and I received the achievement and everything. I started playing Metro: Last Light about thirty minutes ago and in the beginning it says that I killed them all with missiles, but I didn't. I have both games installed on my xBox, so I went back to Metro 2033 and redid the ending and then went back to Last Light only to find out it still says the same thing. I'm not sure what to do to fix this. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.

2. Bad/Book ending is the canon one. Good ending implies Last Light will never happen.

3. JustinWillPownU

JustinWillPownU New Member

I would of just blown them up had I known that...

4. It's not surprising that the developers decided to go ahead with this as canon. Less than 4% of all players have gotten the good ending in Metro 2033.

[Source]

5. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

It's very rare for games to actually carry save files over between games. Typically they do a better job of just avoiding the whole issue by simply not ever covering any branching issues in later games, but I'm still not surprised that they didn't put the extra effort in, especially considering how much they would have had to revamp the entire structure of the game and its plot over a decision that so few people would get to see the effects of.

6. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Only games that do that i can think off are Mass effect and witcher

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

And Dragon Age, though Mass Effect is probably the best at carrying over stuff (Dragon Age and Witcher don't really carry over as much as Mass Effect).

Metro 2033 / Last Light spoilers:
    It would be interesting to see what would happen if the Dark Ones survived at the end of 2033, but that would require a whole new game and I just don't see what it would be about if they'd still be around, since the entire point of LL is to find supposedly the last one of them.

#7 Bamul, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  8. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

yeah, it'd be pretty much impossible to do what mass effect or dragon age does considering they would literally need to re do the ENTIRE plot :p

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

This is me right now:
    [YOUTUBE]?v=3QLtAlcNqqA[/YOUTUBE]

10. someguy_123

someguy_123 Member

The articulate nature of your post implies that you are way to smart to have made that post.

(I know it's old, but I just got here and had to.)