Gаmе dеаd?

Discussion in 'Gigantic' started by Benoit W, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

Gаmе dеаd?

Is thеrе аny plаyеrs оn xbоx оnе, I'vе bееn in quеuе fоr 7 minutеs аnd gоt nоthing

2. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hmmm... Are you updated to the latest patch or update of the game? What's the build number of your game? It can be found at the main screen. Try updating your game first. Clear your cache and download the latest build.

You can also try getting in the game at peak times. Basically, when it's off-peak hours, you will have to wait for a long time.

I hope this helps!

3. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

During off-peak times it can take up to 30 minutes to get into a game. I am not sure what criteria they use and everything, but there does seem to be something artificial going on.

4. Kinomir

Kinomir Member
    Regular

It's seems like they're going through some growing pains. I've had the same issue on multiple occasions, hopefully they fix it before the official release.

5. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's definitely not as popular as the other MOBAs on the market, but it's far from dead.

6. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a bit early to say the game is dead, but the lengthy queue times are definitely a bit worrying. I hope it picks up soon, because the game is interesting.

7. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member
    Regular

It has been trying a long time for me to get any matches as well. I was trying the other day up to 15mins waiting for a match before I just got frustrated and ditched playing the game altogether. I hate having to wait that long for a match. But I am an impatient person so that doesn't help so much haha.

8. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

When are you playing? it can be tough to get games during peak hours. I would imagine off-peak hours can be completely dead.

9. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

Having played this game a litte over a year I can say the game had it's chance but they missed their window. Motiga partnership with Microsoft hopefully will bring some new players that had no idea about the title and revive it.

10. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yup, when I was playing for beta, it took me quite a while to be able to connect to a match. There were times that I was able to get into a game easily, like 5 minutes waiting time. But other times, I would have to wait 20 minutes just to get into a game. So patience is certainly your friend during such times.

I can only hope that when they release the game again there would be more players and less waiting time. I have high hopes for Gigantic as my other game has sadly been discontinued.

11. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that's how video games work, popular at first then people eventually lose interest in the game, so either the game mixes it up with a new DLC, or it dies and the game developers make a new game where the gaming community can go. It's not that big of a deal, most games have only about a few months of lifespan when it comes to this volatile gaming market, and as long as they can release good DLCs or a new game, I think they will be fine.

12. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

Gigantic has now announced a partnership with Perfect World so lets see how this move brings their game back to life with one of the biggest PC game publishers..

13. Sworden

Sworden Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yep, the game isn't quite dead yet (heck, it hasn't even been released!), but they were having some internal issues at the developer. There were people being laid off, and I think many feared that the game itself would stop being developed.

Just recently Perfect World announced that they would be publishing it on Windows 10 and also on Arc.

"This partnership is a huge step for Motiga, as it allows us to continue working towards realizing the vision the development team had for Gigantic – a great competitive online game. Even more so, it accelerates opportunities for Gigantic by having more resources available to us. One of the biggest is being worked on already: an opportunity to bring Gigantic to as many versions of Windows as possible. That's right; we're developing a version of the game that will be playable on every 64-bit Windows operating system. This version will be made available through Perfect World's Arc games platform, which is available on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. Furthermore, the 64-bit version of Gigantic will be released on the same day as the Xbox One and Windows 10 App Store versions. This will help us introduce Gigantic to a larger audience much quicker than we originally anticipated!"

14. TungstenCube

TungstenCube Member
    Regular

I just found a match, so I don't think it's dead. It did take me about 5 minutes of waiting, however, but take note that I was searching in the middle of a week day. When were you searching? That might have an effect on the length of time, i.e. it's probably a lot longer in the middle of the night than during a friday evening :D.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Even League of Legends has long waiting times really early in the morning or at night, but I'm getting a little bit worried about this game at this stage.

16. meganisonfire

meganisonfire Member
    Regular

I don't know what is going on with this game either. It does it a lot to me as well. I sometimes wait an hour for a game. I definitely think that there is something going on or maybe people are just playing it less and less these days.