Future of Gaming

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by StoneScroll, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

That is exactly my point. It wont replace anything.

2. Navi45

Navi45 Member
    Regular

Near future? More mobile games and visual headset games will start becoming popular.

Far future? Games being played in your head with no actual sight or touch needed. (Sort of like the Sword art online anime)
    I would also second that Holodeck suggestion. I'm sure some physical games will be enjoyed in a holodeck like manner. (I'm thinking like a digital version of sports.) They will only be for those who are physically inclined and those who like non-fighting 'chat type' role playing games.

3. coolyfrost

coolyfrost Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think VR is definitely the future of gaming, atleast for me. I am extremely hyped for Star Citizen and I am sure that when it is complete that that game will have a plethora of VR features to give us a true sense of immersion. I absolutely cannot wait for it to come out.

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I myself am not much of a believer that virtual headsets are the future of video games because I don't think it will ever be favored by gamers over just sitting down and just moving fingers instead of everything else, but of course I could be wrong. I think the most viable possibility would be to eventually arrive at photorealistic graphics and as of now I have a difficult time imagining that, and I don't know if I would like it that much since I prefer my games to feel like games instead of being too realistic but again it's hard for me to gauge as of now.

5. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice
    Regular

I remember seeing the demo of VR Minecraft at E3 last year, I was absolutely astounded. Not by Minecraft of course, but by how futuristic it seemed. I always thought the future would happen when I'm an old lady, but apparently I'm living in it now.

6. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Virtual reality and augmented reality are going to play a major significant part in the future of gaming. There is an awesome future for the gaming techs. I hope to get myself more exposed to the trends in games and tech.