Freeze and crash every 5 minutes

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by TheRagingPixel, Jul 27, 2013.

1. TheRagingPixel

TheRagingPixel New Member

This problem really annoys me, I can't complete the game because of these crashes. Any help would be appreciated.

2. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

uh thats a interesting problem does it give you a crash log?

3. TheRagingPixel

TheRagingPixel New Member

Nope, it just black screens for a couple of seconds then crashes, I have to ctrl alt del to get back to the desktop

4. elite

elite New Member

i have the same Freeze and crash every 5 minutes
    and have 2 crash log but can not open it

Attached Files:

5. chris89

chris89 Member

Go read my post in this thread as it completely resolves the crashes ....

I'm working on figuring out the one Ideal driver version that works the best. It has everything to do with the games extreme use of the awesome Physx.

What's your OS? I'd download Display Driver Uninstaller.. allow to reboot to safemode remove all nvidia and restart it takes like 10 seconds ... restart then go into windows it'll detect the standard vga adapter then restart once more. Then download and install the latest beta 340.43 and do a clean install of just the driver/ control panel whatever and physx not all that other crap that comes with it... Restart then go into Nvidia control panel set physx to GPU, then go to the manage 3d settings and literally start from the top and set everything to "off" and set read ahead frames to max (4) as it yields more fps in testing. Set High Performance and make sure all optimizations are on and set single display performance mode. Set vsync etc everything to off and allow negative lod bias. Click apply. Then I'd suggest you download AIDA 4.3 or newer to use External Application OSD option and select cpu clock/ utilization/ free ram. Download EVGA Precision X and set up the OSD to monitor gpu core clock, utilization, memory used, and fps. Then once u setup the RTSS riva tune statistics server u can start the game and view all ur systems info in-game to know what's going on...