For the devs: Rendering issues with Mesa

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by V10lator, Jan 9, 2014.

1. V10lator

V10lator New Member

Hi,

there was some discussion at the steam forums about Metro: Last Light not working with Mesa. Now this might seem like a minor issue given that most linux gamers don't use Mesa, but it is a major bug cause there's no other way for Intel GPUs.

The conclusions from this steam threads are that Metro: Last Light is the cause (thanks again to Xonar and beko for their amazing work). First off your FXAA shaders are messed up, read this:
    Other than that it seems the community can't debug anymore:
    But of course the Mesa devs are looking at that problem, too, but be warned: They won't add workarounds for faulty GL in a game. The game itself has to fix it. Bug reports:
    Damn, can't post links. Well then, the bugs are at freedesktops bug tracker, here are the numers:
    71239 (AMD)
    71870 (Intel)

Yes, I know, there's the "Bugs, problems and glitches" thread, but I thought it would be a good idea to have this one seperated so it's easier to track (I plan to link it to the steam forums and maybe even to the Mesa bug reports, for example).

Also please don't forget that the Linux community is very helpfull. If there's anything to help you just ask. :)

Last a direct request for a response from a developer and/or maintainer of Metro: Last Light. Please tell me you're at least looking into this.

2. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

3. V10lator

V10lator New Member

4. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member