Quantcast

Firaxis Team Explains Military Gameplay Improvements In Civilization VI

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Todd Black, May 14, 2016.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

With the way the current standard if games have been considering the amount of intricacies and complexities I really would expect them to keep up and I just hope it doesn't get in the way of the core of what makes the game good as that has happened to many other favorite titles of mine that eventually came out with modern versions.

2. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

That's right, they always have to do their best to keep the game's originality alive overall, that's the most important thing, indeed.

3. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

I am so happy to read that they are working on the improvements of the game. Most of the developers don't focus on them but these developers do. It's really great.

4. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

That is a solid point. I loved this line. They really need to keep the originality of this game. They are different and they need to become aware of this.

5. DeeDee

Yup, I think a lot of times this happens because the old developers start to leave on move onto other things and the ones left may not always have been long time fans or not able to get into the core of what really made the game famous and beloved in the first place. This is also true of many movie sequels I think

6. Casiox

Exactly, but I personally thin kthat those people ask the former developers for their advice and opinions about their new creations. I do not really think it goes as random as that.

7. Casiox

I really bellieve they already know that more than we do, they definitely are struggling hard to keep themselves on top of the list when it comes to strategy games, that's for sure.

8. DeeDee

Sometimes the magic if what makes media good is difficult to put into words, and sometimes it's even impossible. Even if the new developers ask the original makers it's not a guarantee they will get it especially when they didn't start out being fans and players themselves.

9. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

i think it will be good for balance of the game

10. Casiox

If I was one of the original developers I'd never reveal the original files not either the original information, I'd keep it as a credit of my hard work of course.

11. DeeDee

Makes sense. I guess it is also expected for the new team to eventually do a few things differently. I can understand the frustration when the changes affect something I like though.

12. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

Anytime that these things are changed even a little bit you are bound to get some frustration looking into it and trying to get used to it. Most of the time though it turns out being just fine, for me anyway.