Quantcast

Firaxis Streamlining Building Process In Civilization VI

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Todd Black, May 27, 2016.

1. Todd Black

Todd Black Well-Known Member Regular

2. YaBoyJoey

YaBoyJoey Member Regular

This is one of the changes I'm most looking forward to. The more blog posts that get posted, the more difficult it gets for me to wait for this game to be released! I always ended up with a bunch of workers doing nothing in Civ V, or on auto, so I'm definitely interested in these new workers.

3. Sad Puppy

Sad Puppy Well-Known Member Regular

Now that's huge - they're breaking with how building terrain improvements worked since Civilization 1. Which is probably good, because that's the point of producing a sequel :) It might even be a very good change, since who wasn't bored with findign uses fro hordes of workers in the last stage of the game?

4. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I always thought Civ 5 had pretty streamlined building processes. I wonder how they are going to make it even easier?

5. Sad Puppy

Sad Puppy Well-Known Member Regular

The blogpost states that workers will finish every task in a single turn, not like in all previous games when they took their time, depending on how complicated it was. Instead, a worker unti will start with a number of points used with each task, and when they run out, they'll disband. This way, in the later game we weill not end up with a horde of automated or idle worker units there aren't enough jobs for.

Chris_A likes this.
  6. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member Regular

This looks like one of the biggest and most interesting changes to the predecessors of the game. I am looking forward to it as it seems easier and better.

7. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Nice touch for sure. I am always annoyed by my horde of idle workers that I just keep around in case of new tech developments and improvements. Really curious about this.

8. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

"Streamlining" sounds like a fancy term for dumbing down the game to accommodate newer players. I don't think I'd want that, as it would simplify the game to ridiculous lows, and it would make the complexities that made the game fun vanish. This happens all the time when sequels get released. They simplify the game hoping newer players can just hop in and play.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

That's a nifty addition, I thought Civilization V was streamlined pretty well but it seems like they can always improve on what they have! Has anything been shown at E3?

10. Sparks

Sparks Member Regular

I'm on board with this. Sitting around, spamming the turn button while my workers completely whatever it was that they were doing, isn't exactly super engaging. I'm sure this will shave off some unnecessary game length as well, which I'm definitely open to.

11. gonemorp

gonemorp Well-Known Member Regular

I am also waiting for it. I am also looking for it. Do you know when this change will be implemented?

12. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

It seems that most of us are on board with this, and I am too if it shaves that meaningless time of watching workers do things. Streamlining is usually a step up in terms of game play, so I hope that is the case here too.