Finished game / good ending achievements bugged

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by the merse, Nov 11, 2014.

1. the merse

the merse New Member

I finished the Last Light Redux on Xbox one with the good ending but for some reason the redemption and Spartan 2034 achievements aren't popping. I've had no issues with any other achievements, and wanted to get these before embarking on my Survival/at any cost/revenge run through that would unlock the other endings achievements.

Anyone had this issue or can a community mod enlighten me as to what to do?

2. You could try finding/requesting somebody else's saves right before the end of the game.

3. the merse

the merse New Member

Not a possibility unfortunately - I'm on Xbox One rather than PC.

4. the merse

the merse New Member

Oh - and this obviously ought be moved - I didn't mean to put in here, should be the last light forum rather than 2033.

5. Of course, but I assume Xbox 1 is using save files just as any other platform. It would be easier than playing through the entire game from scratch anyway.

6. Rhodium

Rhodium Member

Hi there!

Just to be clear by 'good ending' you mean the one where the dark ones turn up and stop you blowing up D6 right ? It sounds like a daft question but I know some people have mistakenly thought that the ending where you blow up D6 is the good one.

Also I have had achievements that should have unlocked at the time 'pop' up to 12 hours after fulfilling the requirements. Last one was in 2033 for 'invisible man' where I cleared the level without being detected and was miffed that it didn't pop, convinced myself the achievement was bugged, then had it pop 6 hours later when watching Netflix :)

Let us know if you get it sorted..

Edit: having reread your original post more carefully I can see that you aren't mistaken so please accept my apologies and ignore the first part of my reply.

#6 Rhodium, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  7. I have added a spoiler tag to your message just in case.

8. Rhodium

Rhodium Member

Oops, my bad, thanks Komodo.

9. The game is more than a year old now, but it's still a reasonable idea to use spoiler tags.

10. the merse

the merse New Member

Well, I was working away for a wee while which is both why I'd not returned to here, and why I was rather surprised to load up the Xbone and find that indeed,

Of course it is, Komodo, I didn't mean to be glib by the way - you just can't import/export them on X1, unlike the previous two xboxes. Instead whenever you're online the games are cloud saved too, so you access them on other xbones from the cloud. As such, they're tied into a profile (technically they were on 360 too, but if you changed the directory on a usb it would load up anyway).

Seems to be what's happened here, thanks Rhodium! Since unlocking a few more I've noticed it doing it a lot and a few comments from people at TrueAchievements who agree, that it's taking hours for some to pop.

Indeed, just tonight I waited an hour for the Scram achievement to pop (frustrating as it's changed since the original game from 'don't let them get to the railcar' to 'don't take damage' and I had convinced myself it must still be the former that it unlocks with, so kept playing over and over thinking corpses hitting the railcar were stopping it popping!), and I got the last of the diary entries half an hour ago and it's still yet to pop. Just seems to be the way.

Thanks for your replies guys.

11. panchatbhau

panchatbhau Member

You have to request someone else.